Enhanced DragonDOS

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
zephyr

Re: Enhanced DragonDOS

Post by zephyr »

Here's a copy of Philip G Scott's awesome DOSplus 4.9B to which I have added a superdos-like directory display, the chain command bug fix, and some modifications to make it feel more like DragonDOS 1.0. I have changed the version number to 5.0 to avoid confusion.

Regards,
Steve

Edit: Attachment 'dplus50.zip' removed.
Last edited by zephyr on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

And finally, here's a copy of SuperDOS E6 with the chain command bug fix. I have changed the version to E7 to avoid any confusion.

Enjoy! ;)

EDIT: Archive updated on the 16th October, 2012, at 9:00 pm. Changed the version number to E8 so as not to clash with Phill's "E7" CoCo RS-DOS and Dragon Alpha ports.

Regards,
Steve
Attachments
sdose8.zip
(6.9 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Last edited by zephyr on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

This is a significantly improved update of DOSplus v5.0 posted above. As only one person has downloaded the original, I have kept the version number at 5.0. I strongly advise the person who downloaded the original to delete all copies of it, and use this superior update instead.

Regards,
Steve
Attachments
dplus50.zip
(7.24 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I have just noticed that another version of the Eurohard DragonDOS has appeared here with the same v4.1 version number as my own enhanced release of Eurohard's v4.0 DOS. Does anyone know where this inferior (and rather confusing) v4.1 second release has come from?
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

It's the one that Lafumat ships with his new DragonDOS controllers.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Someone has also put it in the archive's Downloads :o . I'm glad I found out about this before ordering a disk controller with what I had originally thought was my own v4.1 release written to the EPROM.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I uploaded the file, as the highest Eurohard rom version was 4.0.

Maybe we should gather all the DragonDOS roms and try to sort the version numbers.

Edit:Anyway, you can put the DragonDOS version you like on Lafumat's controller...
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Interesting - this 4.1 looks like a slightly patched 4.0, with language changes.

The strings in Spanish more accurately fit the space - the English ones in our 4.0 are padded with spaces (e.g., "BYTES FREE<sp><sp>" where in this 4.1 it reads "BYTES LIBRES"). Which leads me to believe the original 4.0 must have been in Spanish, and the version in the archive was either patched into English by a user[*], or there was an official translation. Would be nice to have a dump of the "original" 4.0...

The other patches seem to add a couple of points where it waits for a keypress while flashing the cursor, but I've not looked enough to know where it's doing it or why.

[*] Anyone here have the initials "FJP"?
prime

Post by prime »

Would be nice if we had details / source for the patches then I could merge them into the assembleable source code.

Cheers.

Phill.
LAFUMAT

Post by LAFUMAT »

hi zephyr:

the dragon 4.1 exist in original format by DRAGONDATA in spain. I upload it.