CoCo SDC support

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

CoCo SDC support

Post by sixxie »

As mentioned here...

I'm patching DOSplus 4.9B to support the extended functionality of the CoCo SDC. Since the previous post, you can create new disk images with DRIVE <drive>,<path>,NEW (or ,NEW+ or ,NEW++).

You'll need a CoCo to write the ROM image to flash in the first place. Check out the README for more details (and a trick you need to pull to use 40T DSK images on the Dragon):

http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/dplus-sdc/

Many thanks to Darren A (CoCo SDC inventor) for the patient support he's been providing.
sixxie

Re: CoCo SDC support

Post by sixxie »

Updated to DOSplus/SDC version 0.3.

Now supports the "DIR" command expansions. Ignore the "bytes free" message at the end though, the number is meaningless.
dlinsley

Post by dlinsley »

Thanks Ciaran, can't wait to try this out!

I bought one of the kits as I thought it would be a fun project, but now I need to find a Coco :) I gave my pile of 2s plus a huge 3 system to another member of the Coco list who works at the same place as me when I last moved - I have no emotional attachment to the Coco and I know he fixes machines for free for the other list members. Hopefully he can loan me a 2 for a bit.
dlinsley

Post by dlinsley »

I found a Coco 1 and 2 at an estate sale yesterday, so provided they work I'm now set.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Good luck, the basic functionality is there. Hopefully I'll get around to tackling to flash writing/selecting stuff soon, and then none of those hoops will be necessary.