I got a Dragon 32!

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Commodore

Re: I got a Dragon 32!

Post by Commodore »

OK, thanks sixxie, I'll give that a go.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Commodore wrote:Well I finally got the old Dragon out of the loft and tried a few things.

Firstly the Christmas Music seemed to have a problem loading, which was rather a shame. It went through the process, but never seemed to end to allow me to type EXEC or RUN, despite the recording having finished.
Never had any other reports of it failing to load. Did you follow the instructions from the Readme.txt file?
Readme.txt wrote: A compilation of Christmas music for the Tandy CoCo 1, 2, 3 and Dragon 32/64 (by David Makin).

Before loading from cassette, type in the following:

POKE25,6:NEW (press enter)

CLEAR200,4605 (press enter)

Now load the program from cassette, and enter EXEC to start the music.

I recommend using Audacity for making a real audio cassette copy from the included wave (.WAV) file.

Audacity home page: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Commodore

Post by Commodore »

That will be why it didn't work then Zephyr!

I noticed the readme, but only as I clicked on the icon to play the .wav file to load it.
When it didn't work I forgot about it.
At least that particular mystery is probably solved, and it looks like double speed is fine too!
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

The original cassette version of XMASTUNE was created by David Makin using his own Music Maker program.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=447
Commodore

Post by Commodore »

I'm pretty sure it will work from my iPad now I have the extra instructions. I have so far found it to be very reliable since the Dragon has its full compliment of 32K.
If it doesn't work I'll certainly try to make a cassette version.