XRoar on Nintendo DSiXL

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
munkeyboy

XRoar on Nintendo DSiXL

Post by munkeyboy »

Hello, I am thinking about running XRoar from a Flash Cartridge on a Nintendo DSiXL.
Has anyone run XRoar on the DSiXL and if so which type of Flash cart have you used?

Thank's Ciaran for all the work you have put into XRoar, it just keeps getting better(AUDIOON loading .cas files is great!).

Cheers, Gareth
sixxie

Re: XRoar on Nintendo DSiXL

Post by sixxie »

Never tested it myself on a DSi - the ability (and stated intent) of Nintendo to break your stuff just by running a game you paid for put me right off getting one.

I have been trying lately to get more recent code to work on the good old not-breakable-at-a-whim DS though. Amazing how libnds has grown, and how much larger the code generated by recent GCCs is. And then how many changes I've made to XRoar itself that slow it down (in the name of accuracy)...
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Not exactly what you're asking, but I have xroar running on a Nintendo DSi. I'm using the R4i card. The Dragon games play really well on the DSi :-)

-- Rolf
munkeyboy

Post by munkeyboy »

Thank's for the quick replies. My Son doesn't use his DS much anymore and I thought I would have a go at running XRoar on it, but I didn't want to spend money on a Flash Card only to find it wasn't compatible. The DSi and the DSiXL seem to be compatible as far Flash Cards go and I had been looking at an R4i as a possible purchase, so thank's Rolf you have confirmed the choice I was already looking at. Once I have bought and tried the R4i I will post the results as and when I can (yet another trip to hospital for more metalwork looms so I would like to get the DS up and running with XRoar before then).

Thank's again for the quick replies.

Cheers, Gareth
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Let me know if you run into any problems with getting the R4i card to work.

-- Rolf
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi All
I am trying to get xroar working on my Dsi keep getting the chequered screen. so what names and where do you put your roms for them to be found.
so i can play Dragon stuff again :D
Many Thanks
Andrew
daftspaniel

Post by daftspaniel »

Filenames are listed on this page

http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar-man ... mage-names

Have fun!

Davy
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

The attached file contains the directory and file structure on my R4i card, somewhat simplified. I just created a dragon directory at the root with the roms in a rom subdirectory.

-- Rolf
Attachments
r4i-files.zip
(356 Bytes) Downloaded 213 times
munkeyboy

Post by munkeyboy »

Wow! scarey :shock: I forgot about posting this query.

Unfortunately my son dropped and broke his DS so I haven't given this any thought for a while as there was no point, what with that and a weeks holiday I spent with the NHS I did not buy a card so I will be unable to give any feedback - sorry.

Thank's once again for the help and information Rolf and Sixxie.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi Rolf + Daftspaniel
Thanks for your replys. It works :D now i know how to do it. The instructions should have said root unless i missed :oops:
Now to download some games + to finally have a dragon 64 at last.
The card i am using is Acekard 2i + 2gig micro sd card.
Many Thanks
Andrew