Retro Revival Event 9th August

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Mdemon101

Retro Revival Event 9th August

Post by Mdemon101 »

Is anyone attending the above and does anyone know whether there will be any Dragon presence there in terms of demo machines and products available to buy?
jedie

Re: Retro Revival Event 9th August

Post by jedie »

Some more information would be good. It's in UK.

From http://www.revivalretroevents.com/index ... ent&itid=3 :
Event Details
Wolverhampton Race, Course, Dunstall Park, Wolverhampton

Reservations Until: 08/08/2014 11:00 AM
Starts on: 09/08/2014 10:30 AM
Ends on: 10/08/2014 05:00 AM
... too many ideas and too little time ... Related stuff written in Python:
Dragon 32 emulator / PyDC - Python Dragon 32 converter: https://github.com/jedie/DragonPy
DWLOAD server / Dragon-Lib and other stuff: https://github.com/6809
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Your local admin (me) is one of the organising staff :-)

Retro Computer Museum *may* be bringing a Dragon 64 with a multicart - but no promises. I am not planning to exhibit anything as will be too busy trying to keep the event running smoothly. I do not think any of the traders will being any dragon stock, there just isn't any around (apart from the odd Mastertronic title).

If enough of you are coming - let me know and I will bring the Dragon Professional for you look at (no promises that she still works) and somewhere I have a Dragon SDCard prototype from Phill.
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I'd like to meet you there, but I'm starting in a new job in Stockholm, so maybe next time.

I would also like to scan the Alpha board for the wiki ;)

Btw, are all Alpha boards the same?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Of the 4 Alpha boards I have seen, all have been exactly the same with just the version of the BIOS changing (2 versions known and dumped)
Simon Hardy
Mdemon101

Post by Mdemon101 »

Well may be we can muster the troops for the next one. Not been to one of these events before so not sure what to expect in terms of split of arcade, consoles and retro computing but it would be good to see some of the less mainstream 80's micros supported at events like this
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Yeah, I've not been to one of these events before but tempted to go next year.
Mdemon101

Post by Mdemon101 »

Attached is a photo from the only working Dragon I could see at the event. Not sure what the game was but there was another chap taking a photo at the same time as me. Not much other Dragon stuff around that I could see apart from some Dragon User magazines. Generally the show was well attended and there were a number of good vendors offering retro computers and console gaming stuff. It would be an idea next year to see if they could get some computer User Groups to attend. I'm guessing there's still quite an active Spectrum, Amstrad and C64 scene and I'm aware of an Oric user group that meets every month in France. Perhaps a Dragon presence next year would be possible? Did anyone else attend?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 5516 times
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

That's Starship Chameleon - basically the predecessor to Ikaruga ;)
prime

Post by prime »

admin wrote:Of the 4 Alpha boards I have seen, all have been exactly the same with just the version of the BIOS changing (2 versions known and dumped)
I believe the Alpha I have has a slightly earlier version of the board, I think issue 1 and the others are issue 2, I'll verify when I get home from the Acorn mini hackfest.

Cheers.

Phill.