AMS anyone?

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
robcfg

AMS anyone?

Post by robcfg »

Hi, folks!

A friend of mine pointed me to a commando-style game named "Fire Force". What it's truly amazing is the nice music. In the menu screen it says "Music Composed and Written by Chris Jolly using AMS".

I would be interested in knowing more about that AMS thing, does anyone know about it?

I've attached the zipped game for convenience.

Regards,
Rob
Attachments
FIREFORC.zip
Fire Force VDK image
(13.17 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
sixxie

Re: AMS anyone?

Post by sixxie »

That music is pretty neat - sadly the nicest thing I can generally find to say about the game ;)

Thought DAMS was in the archive, but I don't see it. Here: http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/dams.cas

CLOADM and EXEC for the editor, to try the demo, select <E> load music from tape, and load DEMTEXT, then <G> load waves from tape and load DEMWAVE. Set tempo to 40 with <C> (left/right, then break to stop), then play with <D>.

Beyond that, I forget :) Oddly enough, it never magically granted me any musical ability!

Edit: for more examples of Chris Jolly's music, there's Superkid, and also Skyrider on the Atari ST.
robcfg

Re: AMS anyone?

Post by robcfg »

Thank you very much!

I'll give it a try, as I told earlier, I was quite surprised to hear such a decent tune.

I guess there is no bad machine, only bad programmers, hehehe :mrgreen: