New Dragon 32/64 Software

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Sarah

Re: New Dragon 32/64 Software

Post by Sarah »

Bosco wrote:@Sarah: tempted to have another go? :)
Maybe when I retire, that far off and perhaps mythical time when it should be possible to schedule everything that's been set aside for later!
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

I have been working on a port of Knights and Demons for the MC-10 from the Dragon original. Made some changes, including to the graphics, to make it slightly less garish and busy. If there's any interest I'll port it back to Dragon.
knights.png
knights.png (4.47 KiB) Viewed 2538 times
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

Two new games. A car driving game called "Overtake" and a new version of Aardvark Software's "Mars Adventure."
overtake.png
overtake.png (3.15 KiB) Viewed 2498 times
mars.png
mars.png (2.01 KiB) Viewed 2498 times
See my viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4760&start=50#p13044
jgerrie

Anyone going to retro computer meeting NOMAM in Lubek?

Post by jgerrie »

Anyone going to the retro-computing festival described below? I'm looking for someone to present the 10 Line version of my Dragon game program "Overtake" (attached) for the coding competition.

-- snip --

"Write a game in 10 lines of BASIC!"
For the fourth time this is the motto of the programming contest on the occasion of the retro computer meeting NOMAM. In the years 2011 and 2013 the BASIC Tenliners compo was a small internal competition and the programs were made live at the meeting. In contrast, in 2014 contributions from all over the world came. And only one contribution was produced live at the meeting. Over ABBUC and AtariAge forums the incredible amount of 40 games from Australia, USA, Chile, Poland, United Kingdom and Germany rolled in.

This year we want to give the competition a new impetus by opening it; both in terms of legal systems, as well as with regard to authorized BASIC dialects.

Legal systems:

Atari 8-Bit
Commodore 64
Commodore 128
Amstrad CPC
Authorized BASIC dialects:
Atari BASIC (A8)
Turbo BASIC XL (A8)
Altirra BASIC (A8)
OSS BASIC XE (A8)
OSS BASIC XL (A8)
Commodore BASIC V2 (C64)
Simon's BASIC (C64)
Commodore BASIC 7.0 (C128)
Locomotive BASIC 1.0 (Amstrad CPC)
Locomotive BASIC 1.1 (Amstrad CPC)
Other BASIC dialects and computer systems are approved under the condition that the contributions will be presented by the programmer on the original hardware at the NOMAM (04.11.) in Lübeck.

Even if the fun of programming and the competition should be in the foreground, but a few rules are needed.
Contributions are accepted in three different categories:
Category "PUR":

Program a game in 10 lines (max. 120 characters per logical line, abbreviations are allowed)

Category "EXTREM":

Program a game in 10 lines (max. 256 characters per logical line, abbreviations are allowed)

Category "LIVE":

On 04/11/15 a programming assignment is made, which must be resolved within 2 hours
Further rules:
- No reloading of data or program parts
- Call of machine language programs are prohibited- the 10 lines of the program can not contain self-written machine code
- POKEing is allowed
- Deadline: Saturday 04/11 at 9 pm (Central European Summer Time) (Remote posts: Wednesday 04/08, 9 pm)
- Voting: Saturday 04/11 at 11.30 pm, then awarding
- Together with the program a text file should be submitted with the program description and instructions
- The programmers agree to the publication of the programs, the description and the instructions by the organizer
- Only physically Attendants may vote
- Remote contributions, however, are permitted provided they are received by Wednesday, 04/08 at 9 pm at GKANOLD-ät-GMAIL dot COM
Attachments
OT10LINE.CAS
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 160 times