MESS32 0.142b

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
snarkhunter

MESS32 0.142b

Post by snarkhunter »

Hello all,

Today, I intended to try this new release of "MESS32" and compare it (well... kinda!) with the new "XRoar" 0.25.

My cunning plan quickly came to an unexpected end when I found out that "MESS32" will just crash on any attempt to launch a Dragon emulation (be it 32, 64 or even Coco2) : the error message contains some weird characters, and I understand it cannot find some mandatory ".cfg" file. There is indeed such a file in the main directory (MESS/cfg), but it seems either the file or its content is not valid.

Has anybody experienced any such issue with this version? (I'm under XP "Home" SP3)

Because of this, I have switched back to release 0.136b, until this "issue" (... of mine) gets solved.

Kind regards,
Lionel
sixxie

Re: MESS32 0.142b

Post by sixxie »

Not terribly useful information, but I've built 0.142 for Linux and it seems fine.

Any .cfg files get created when you run it, so it's probably safe to remove any old ones first in case that helps.
snarkhunter

Re: MESS32 0.142b

Post by snarkhunter »

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Well, I re-installed this new release today and it seems to work fine now: no idea why it seemingly changed overnight... :?

Still, I'm facing the very same old issue I used to have with the interface, i.e. I just seem not to be able to each the menu bar any longer - be it in "windowed" or "full screen" mode.
Alastair wrote:Snarkhunter,
to get the menu bar back, with the MESS system selection screen open, click on Options > Default System Options > Miscellaneous, and make sure there is a tick next to "Use New UI."

Next, right-click on the computer system you are interested in, choose Properties > Miscellaneous, and again make sure there is a tick next to "Use New UI."

The aforementioned scroll-lock key will then toggle between menu and no menu when running the system emulation.
There is no such option ("Use New UI") any longer... is this still possible?

[Edit]
Ok, it is still possible: same place as before, only called "Show Menu" now...