New user waving hello/ Co-Co compatability question

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
drmarkb

Re: New user waving hello/ Co-Co compatability question

Post by drmarkb »

Right, well as long as people are happy with wavs that will need processing as above, I am happy to provide some of the yellow and red coded ones that I own.

I have often wondered if there was something special about microdeal tapes- they all played 30 years on, almost without exception, and yet a large number of other titles (yes, I looking at you, Quickbeam and Blaby) seemed to fail at the first opportunity.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Some of the yellow and red coded ones have already been Uploaded by other members. Better to check the Uploads section first.
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

Thanks- I will check the section before duplicating efforts of others.
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

For the record I went through the uploads section of the forum and cross referenced with the list......

In addition to Oranges' crazy foota 3 (now uploaded in the uploads section), the other red coded ones I have are

Utopia and
Spy against Spy both by Pulser (not to be confused with the similarly titled Richard Shepherd game)
and Rola-ball by Preston.

I have a Ninja Warrior but cannot remember who was responsible for this atrocity - the programmer's guild (yellow) or Program Factory (red).....just thinking about this game sends the wrong kind of shivers down my spine......

I know I have working original copies of these above games- checked last month as it happens- Utopia is really good too, and Spy against Spy is a genuine 2 player split screen game, a rarity.

Of the yellows listed that have not been uploaded into the uploaded section I have working original copies of
Dragon Data's Lunar Rover Patrol.
Orange's Super Nova
Kouga's Mandragore
Quickbeam's Shaolin Master plus and Indoor Football
Blaby's Olympia
Beyond's Kreigspeil (although it works and loads there is an error in the basic that needs fixing as I recall- I think all the USR commands are incorrectly presented resulting in syntax errors)
Imagine's Pedro
and
Airball
Module Man
Downland
Rommel 3-D
Scarfman
Space Wrek
Touchstone
Worlds of Flight
Mudpies
Phantom Slayer

I am guessing that most of the Microdeal ones will be in existence in some usable form somewhere as they were ubiquitous and released in the US (some of them are amongst the more famous co-co titles after all).

So unless anyone knows of any reason why not, I will do the red ones above first, and then move on to the non-Microdeal yellow ones.
If anyone knows which of the yellow ones are in most need of uploading (i.e. the copies are broken rather than just unverified) that would be useful.....
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

drmarkb wrote: Beyond's Kreigspeil (although it works and loads there is an error in the basic that needs fixing as I recall- I think all the USR commands are incorrectly presented resulting in syntax errors)
See the following threads:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=346

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4825
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Did Kriegspiel have some kind of "copy protection" of the kind not supported by current .cas files?
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

robcfg wrote:Did Kriegspiel have some kind of "copy protection" of the kind not supported by current .cas files?
No.
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

Thanks! That explains it.

BTW my version of TLC runs perfectly on a 64- never had any error issues- did they release a second fixed version? My packaging says Dragon 32.
As a teenager I did some minor alterations to the basic program, and I used my altered version for many years- so it may be that I changed the values by hand and have simply forgotten about it- but I think this is very unlikely........
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

drmarkb wrote: BTW my version of TLC runs perfectly on a 64- never had any error issues- did they release a second fixed version?
Yes.