XRoar 0.25 released

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

Re: XRoar 0.25 released

Post by sixxie »

There are no real Windows improvements (unless you run the GTK+ build ;)) beyond the core stuff. You can define new machines & carts by specifying architecture, rom, etc. in the config file, there are extra CLI options, and accuracy has improved (there are certain documents online that my oscilloscope suggests are incorrect, though it could just be down to cpu variants).
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

Just one extra question for you, Ciaran (since I could not find any clear information about this in the manual): could you please explain how the keyboard-based joystick emulation works? I was lucky enough to find the "button" emulation once (... and once only), but I obviously failed at identifying the stick motion emulation!
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Oops, I couldn't find it either without searching the document for "alt". It's Cursors + Left Alt, and is mentioned in the Getting Started section but, rather unhelpfully, not in the bit about joysticks. Also, another candidate for the HUD - some sort of feedback about which mode is selected is really required there.
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

Thanks very much for your reply, Ciaran: it sure was a great help. And, yes, having some kind of on-screen information display about any "specific modes" being activated would definitely be helpful...

Kind regards,
Lionel
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

I uploaded a new build of the GTK+ .exe - drive control checkboxes fixed :)

Edit: here
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Finally found some time to play with the new xroar. With the latest xroar binaries and Alastair's GTK+ libraries, this works like a charm on my Win7 box. AWESOME!

-- Rolf