Hello, New here !

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Stig

Hello, New here !

Post by Stig »

Hi everyone,

My name is John and I live in Northern Ireland.

The Dragon 32 was my first home computer as I got one as a Christmas gift around 1983-85.

Unfortunately I no longer own that original Dragon but luckily I was given a new (to me) Dragon a few weeks ago, by a friend !

I have got very interested in the computer now and I am enjoying reliving my childhood.

I am a complete noob to the Dragon, but I am slowly learning. When I owned it as a child, I did nothing more than load games from cassette.

There is a wealth of knowledge on this site and it is quite overwhelming trying to take it all in.

I hope to learn a lot here, so expect a lot of noobish questions lol

All the best

John
zephyr

Re: Hello, New here !

Post by zephyr »

Welcome to the Dragon forums! :)
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Hi Stig.

Welcome. I'm a relative new-comer myself.

I don't think there's much the users on this forum don't know about the Dragon/Coco. :)
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hi John!

Welcome to the forum!

Don't hesitate to ask, as Bosco pointed, many of us didn't knew much at the beginning, but people here is super friendly and like to help each other.

Cheers,
Rob
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello John,
wellcome to this forum!
Yes, it's a bit daunting because here are plenty of projects, ideas ...
But this is the strongest part of this forum. People shares their works and you can learn a lot just by reading.
You will choose which ones among them are of interest for you to be done by yourself.

best regards
pere
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

Hello John, and welcome to this forum!

Yes, people often treasure such memories as their first computer, especially when they had it as youngsters - like I believe most of us here did.

Some members here have a knowledge that is actually difficult to summarize! And on top of that, they are always willing to share it. Who could ask for more?!

I know you will find plenty of useful information, help, tips... and software here! So please just help yourself - and never hold back any questions!

Kind regards,
Lionel
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Welcome to the forum.

On your YouTube video about "Cosmic Crusader" you were wondering whether-or-not the game was first released in the States for the CoCo with artifact colours and then converted to the Dragon with extra screen colour modes. No it wasn't, the original has just the green screen mode and I believe it to be a Dragon original that has lately been converted to the CoCo.

The version of "Cosmic Crusader" with the colour mode selection menu was created by Stephen J. Woolham, this version has a second modification that you may find of interest - it has an automatic rapid fire mode when using a joystick (or emulated joystick in an emulator). To toggle this mode on and off press Shift+Zero (also Caps Lock on an emulator). Have fun!
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Alastair wrote:Welcome to the forum.

On your YouTube video about "Cosmic Crusader" you were wondering whether-or-not the game was first released in the States for the CoCo with artifact colours and then converted to the Dragon with extra screen colour modes. No it wasn't, the original has just the green screen mode and I believe it to be a Dragon original that has lately been converted to the CoCo.

The version of "Cosmic Crusader" with the colour mode selection menu was created by Stephen J. Woolham, this version has a second modification that you may find of interest - it has an automatic rapid fire mode when using a joystick (or emulated joystick in an emulator). To toggle this mode on and off press Shift+Zero (also Caps Lock on an emulator). Have fun!
I have just uploaded a copy of all the files which were originally uploaded to the Internet by Steve Woolham in May, 2003.
Stig

Post by Stig »

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome folks !
Alastair wrote:Welcome to the forum.

Thanks so much for the information Alastair !I have the file for the colour select version but prefer the green look over the others. I didn't know about the rapid fire though, so I will certainly check that out !

All the best

John