XRoar 0.31 released

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
zephyr

Re: XRoar 0.31 released

Post by zephyr »

DeltaDOS emulation is not working correctly. Trying to read or write to virtual disk results in DeltaDOS returning a NOT READY ERROR or SEEK ERROR.

I'm using the latest snapshot version (xroar-snap-2014-05325-w32.zip).
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

You might have to restrict yourself to using DMK format disks, I don't know any way of signalling single density in the other formats.

If I create a new disk test.dmk, I'm able to INIT A, save to it, etc.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

sixxie wrote:You might have to restrict yourself to using DMK format disks, I don't know any way of signalling single density in the other formats.

If I create a new disk test.dmk, I'm able to INIT A, save to it, etc.
That doesn't work for me using the Win32 version under Windows XP Pro. The same test works perfectly with the old XRoar snap-20130309 Win32 version.

It originally failed to read/write the DeltaDOS Telewriter (.dmk) disk from the archive downloads. Read/write of the same virtual disk works OK with the old XRoar snap-20130309 version.
Last edited by zephyr on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

zephyr wrote:It failed to read/write the DeltaDOS Telewriter (.dmk) disk from the archive downloads. Read/write of the same virtual disk works OK with the old XRoar snap-20130309 version.
Ah right, I'll give that a look later then.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks. :)
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Here are a couple of screen shots.

The first screen shot shows the latest snapshot (xroar-snap-2014-05325-w32) with the Telewriter (.dmk) disk. The second screen shot shows the older snapshot (XRoar snap-20130309-w32) with the exact same copy of the Telewriter (.dmk) disk. The same thing happens when I try your blank disk test. I'm using Dragon 64 emulation with the DeltaDOS ROM uploaded by Phill (prime).
Attachments
latest-snapshot.jpg
latest-snapshot.jpg (9.19 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
old-snapshot.jpg
old-snapshot.jpg (11.53 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
Wizbit1981

Post by Wizbit1981 »

Hi there,
Has anyone attempted to use the "XRoar for Android" version yet?

If so, could someone please help me with getting XRoar to load a cassette game, as I am unclear on how you use "Terminal" software [I am attempting to use either "Terminal Emulator" or "Terminal IDE" as suggested from XRoar's native site and other forums] on my Asus Nexus 7 to get it to open the game of choice through XRoar.

Any assistance or YouTube video would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Dave
(Had a Dragon 32 back in the early 1980s and so wants to play Backtrack again)
tormod

Post by tormod »

Wizbit1981 wrote:If so, could someone please help me with getting XRoar to load a cassette game, as I am unclear on how you use "Terminal" software [I am attempting to use either "Terminal Emulator" or "Terminal IDE" as suggested from XRoar's native site and other forums] on my Asus Nexus 7 to get it to open the game of choice through XRoar.
You shouldn't have to use a Terminal window. See point 8 in the Readme file (Open With...).
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello Ciaran,
I have noticed that every time you attach to XRoar a VDK file that has a filename in the header, as soon as you close XRoar this file is modified and loses the filename in the header (it becomes shorter = 184,332 bytes despite before it was 184,345 bytes long, for instance).
Fortunately Xroar creates a backup copy that retains its length, but if you have made some changes in the original, then you have to choose, you lose the changes or you lose the disc name in the header.
This happens always, simply attach a file and close XRoar, no need to do anything with the disc.
Is this the expected behaviour?
All of the discs in the Snarkhunter collection have filenames and some of the Dragon Consultancy too. It's a pity they lose their names simply by using them.

thanks
pere
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

I've not had much time to look at XRoar of late, but I've just uploaded a snapshot of work so far.

It should preserve VDK header info now, but I've not made any headway on the Delta issue - even that Telewriter DMK works for me, so I assume it's a problem with one architecture somewhere. Needs more investigation.

For Debian testing users, /etc/apt/sources.list lines:

Code: Select all

deb http://www.6809.org.uk/debian testing main
deb-src http://www.6809.org.uk/debian testing main
For Ubuntu users there's a PPA here: https://launchpad.net/~sixxie/+archive/ppa