Dragon Mythbusters: The Dragon 200E!

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
robcfg

Re: Dragon Mythbusters: The Dragon 200E!

Post by robcfg »

Well, then that's pretty much it about the 200E.

Is there anything else you'd like to test? Tomorrow the owner will be coming for it...
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

I can't think of anything... Do you think we've got a handle on all the differences?

Now where can I get hold of one? ;)
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

sixxie wrote:This triggered a lot of rethinking of keyboard handing in XRoar - and led me to discover that the UK isn't the only region that Apple decide to make non-standard keyboard layouts for!

Anyway, I've pushed up a snapshot here: http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/xroar/ which will load d200e_1.rom, d200e_2.rom and d200e_26.rom (the font) if you run with "-machine dragon200e". If you actually have a Spanish keyboard, run with "-keymap es" or "-keymap es_apple"¡

This should make exploring the machine a little easier for those of us that don't have one (everyone but your friend?)!
The cursor keys are not working in translation mode.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

zephyr wrote: The cursor keys are not working in translation mode.
Yeah I think I might have just fixed that. As an abstraction layer, SDL really doesn't make keyboard handling very consistent across platforms...
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

The cursor keys seem to be working correctly now. :)
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

The clear key is not working in translation mode.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Is this in the snapshots I uploaded yesterday? You're quick off the mark!

Odd though: the keys mapped to CLEAR should now be handled before any translation. Can you run with "-debug-ui 1" and paste in the press/release event debugging for when you press the appropriate keys?

Home (sym=278) and Grave (`, sym=96) should be the keys mapped to CLEAR in the default keymap, and in translation mode you should see that the debugging lines do not include a unicode field, where the keys with ASCII symbols that translate directly to a Dragon key will have this field.

This is useful feedback though, I still have no convenient Windows machines to test on so there may well be something I've missed - thanks!

(Though obviously part of me is grumbling, as I felt I finally had a system that would keep working ;) )
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

sixxie wrote:Is this in the snapshots I uploaded yesterday? You're quick off the mark!
No, it was the previous snapshot. Sorry, I didn't know there was a later snapshot. The clear key is working OK now. :)
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Ah good, that's reassuring.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Shift+# (Shift+@ pause) is not working in translation mode.