Stone Raider II

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
admin
Site Admin

Stone Raider II

Post by admin »

Hi all,

I am the original author of Stone Raider II. I am now making this game available to Dragon enthusiasts under a friendly BSD-style license. Let this be my little contribution to keeping the Dragon community alive and making those old titles legally available. The game is available from the Dragon Archive download section (currently without the licensing statement) or from my own Stone Raider II page. Have fun!

-- Rolf
Simon Hardy
zephyr

Re: Stone Raider II

Post by zephyr »

Thank You! 8-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nice one! Had a good laugh with the ringtone!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello Rolf,

Thanks very much for the gift ! And I think I might have played that one when it was released.

The only thing that really bothers me now is the lack of joystick emulation from the keyboard with the available Dragon emulators (unless I've missed something important). Because of this, I'm stuck with most arcade games and can only enjoy adventure games now...

Best regards,
Lionel
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

snarkhunter wrote:The only thing that really bothers me now is the lack of joystick emulation from the keyboard with the available Dragon emulators (unless I've missed something important). Because of this, I'm stuck with most arcade games and can only enjoy adventure games now...
Lionel,

I have been playing Stone Raider II using the xroar emulator. It supports joystick emulation. The xrank readme file contains the details of enabling this. Just press Ctrl+J to enable joystick emulation, and then use the arrow keys and left Alt.

-- Rolf
Simon Hardy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes you're right ! I had completely missed that out. Thanks very much for such a most useful reminder, Rolf. There's a small number of games I might be able to enjoy again now, thanks to you...

Kind regards,
Lionel
Simon Hardy