What Hardware?

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
RoyCoates

Re: What Hardware?

Post by RoyCoates »

sixxie wrote:I'd love a Delta cart (curiosity only) and a Plus board (for practical use!), but suspect the once-in-a-lifetime chance at both passed a while ago on eBay.
I think that I may have one (maybe two) Plus cartridges idling in my attic. Planning on having a Dragon hunt over the Easter break, if I can find them, you are welcome to them.

Cheers,

Roy.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

I would absolutely love it if you find you do have a spare one!

Frankly, it's your fault I ever wanted one in the first place. ;)
dlinsley

Post by dlinsley »

My list is something like:

Dragon 64 x2 (one with Plus board), Dragon 200, Tano x2 and Dragon 32 x6 - though I only have 3 of the latter out in Seattle with me, the rest are in my sister's attic near Newcastle. She keeps asking me to get rid of them, so if anyone wants one let me know.

Peripherals: Dragon Dos cart x2, Cumana Dos cart (I have the EPROM for Cumana Dos but it came with DosPlus4.9 in it and I never switched. Loved DosPlus!), a Dos cart clone (hand made and never worked, suspect jsut needs a scope to setup the variable cap), Steve's Electronics EPROM programmer x2, Premier Microsystems Sprite board x2 and a Grosvenor Amateur Packet Radio board.

I did have some CoCos including a fully boxed 3 with multi-paks and OS9 L2 but it was never my thing (just somthing I picked up later in life) and so I gave it away to a local CoCo nut when I moved house two years ago.

Did anyone ever get one of those Wveryn or Race Electronics cartridge switchers? Always wanted one back in the day.
prime

Post by prime »

Bloodh hell Plus board must be like busses, don't see one for 20 years and then 2 come along within a couple of weeks of each other !

Well, if the plus board is in one of the machines at your sisters I know someone that could give it a good home........

Cheers.

Phill.
Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

I've finally got XRoar on my Mac Mini - I've a working D32 in the attic but to be honest using XRoar is less hassle (apart from the "motoron" issue ;)

@Zephyr - Steve can you send me any/all my old Dragon source/programs in whatever format/s is/are suitable ?
For instance do you have any of the source for Music Maker 2 - or at least the program I was writing that had waveforms other than just sinewaves ?
Or any of the source for the test routines I'd done using split-screen (pmode/text) ?
I also have a vague recollection of starting on a "word processor" program (with text in Pmodes).
Send to:
makinmagic@tiscali.co.uk
or
dave_makin@lineone.net

XRoar will be even better for me soon as I'm getting a dual 6-core I7 Mac Pro shortly ;)
Last edited by Dragonslayer on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.
dlinsley

Post by dlinsley »

Haha I'm sure you could! Sorry all that's left in the UK are 3x Dragon 32 and I think they are all just bare machines - picked them up at car boot sales for around 60p each for spares.
briza

Post by briza »

sixxie wrote:My own collection is rather small: 4 x Dragon 64, 1 x Tano, 1 working Dragon 32 board, one not working. For some reason the only box I've kept is a 32 box with polys, even though I have no 32 cases.

I have two DOS carts, one proper DragonDOS, one PNP equivalent. Both have SuperDOS E6, one also has DOSDream.

I'd love a Delta cart (curiosity only) and a Plus board (for practical use!), but suspect the once-in-a-lifetime chance at both passed a while ago on eBay. Beyond that the unreleased stuff is of course fascinating, but all the examples in existence probably already have good homes.

Thanks to briza, I have a PAL (Australian) CoCo 3, and there's a CoCo 2 lying around somewhere waiting for a composite video port.
Well I did have a couple spare coco 3 units floating around, So thought Sixxie may want one to have a tinker on and maybe do a game or 2 if it peeked his interest enough :)

I Have 5xcoco 3 units, 4xPal and 1xNtsc coco 3 all are 512k units.
Did have a Dragon 32k unit but no idea what happened to it.
1xAmiga 500 with Hard drive and Ram upgrade installed.
Hoping 1 day to get another Dragon unit as I preferred the Keyboard and parellel features to the coco units.
In a month or 2 I am hoping to have a 64k coco 2 unit and another coco 128k ntsc unit. Maybe should see about buying a Dragon unit from that mob in the States!!!

laters

Briza