What Hardware?

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
zephyr

What Hardware?

Post by zephyr »

In my collection I currently have 19 Dragon 32's, 4 Dragon 64's, and 1 DragonDOS + original floppy drives.

(1) What hardware do you have in your collection?

(2) Anyone got a Tandy CoCo 1, 2, or 3?

(3) Has anyone out there upgraded a Dragon 32 to 64K, and/or upgraded the BASIC ROM?

(4) How many people out there own one or more 64K Dragons?
admin
Site Admin

Re: What Hardware?

Post by admin »

I own the following:

At least 6 x Dragon 32s (3 in boxes, one of each type), 1 is in a beige(D32 coloured) D64 case.
4 x Dragon 64 (2 Boxed)
2 x Dragon Tano (Boxed)
2 x Dragon 200 (One Boxed)
1 x Dragon Professional/Alpha
3 x Dragon Data Disk Drives (Boxed with DOS controller)

All fully functional. -

.....and a whole long list of other stuff such as DeltaDOS, TouchMaster Pad, EEPROM programmer etc....Joysticks of every type, Shop Demo Carts, Diagnostic Carts, Books, Magazines and about 700 tapes and 200 disks etc...Plus spare components.
Simon Hardy
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

That's quite an impressive, and interesting (esp the EEPROM programmer) list. 8-) All of the Dragons I listed above are also fully functional.

Regards,
Steve
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I only own a humble Dragon64 plus a Dragon Data disk drive with controller (the one that is scanned in the DragonDos section :lol: ).

It's a pity I don't live near you, it would be so cool to have the Alpha PCB scanned for the wiki... :mrgreen:
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

My own collection is rather small: 4 x Dragon 64, 1 x Tano, 1 working Dragon 32 board, one not working. For some reason the only box I've kept is a 32 box with polys, even though I have no 32 cases.

I have two DOS carts, one proper DragonDOS, one PNP equivalent. Both have SuperDOS E6, one also has DOSDream.

I'd love a Delta cart (curiosity only) and a Plus board (for practical use!), but suspect the once-in-a-lifetime chance at both passed a while ago on eBay. Beyond that the unreleased stuff is of course fascinating, but all the examples in existence probably already have good homes.

Thanks to briza, I have a PAL (Australian) CoCo 3, and there's a CoCo 2 lying around somewhere waiting for a composite video port.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

sixxie wrote: Thanks to briza, I have a PAL (Australian) CoCo 3
What happens when you enter POKE65495,0 on the CoCo3. Does it (a) appear to do nothing because the operating system is in RAM (like a D64 in' 64 Mode') or (b) Switch to double speed mode as if you had entered POKE65497,0 (like the VCC emulator)?

What happens on a real CoCo 3 if you point the IRQ vector at a routine like the one below which RTI's without first clearing the interrupt condition with a lda $ff02. Does it (a) seemingly cause the computer to do nothing other than update the IRQ routine (like any real CoCo 1,2 or Dragon) or (b) continue to work as normal (like the VCC emulator)?

INC $0400
RTI
prime

Post by prime »

Dragons:
Several D32s, must be at least 10 or so, a few of them have been upgraded to 64K,several are boxed.
Two of D64s, one boxed.
Two boxed Tano D64s, and another tano board that I believe came from Simon.
Dragon Alpha clone.
Dragon Alpha prototype.

Two Dragondos carts plus a clone cart that I made for hacking about with.
A Delta dos cart.
A boxed Dual Dragon drive, and an unboxed single drive.
Several types of joystick, a whole bunch of games on tape cart and disk.

CoCos:
Two grey CoCo 1s, one boxed, both upgraded to 64K
A White CoCo 1, boxed again upgraded to 64K
Two CoCo2s, I think both are boxed, both have been upgraded to 64K.
A US CoCo3, mounted in a hacked up CoCo2 case.
A spare CoCo2 motherboard, from the case above.
A US MC10 micro coco + 16K ram pack.

CoCo FD-500 (I think) dos cart.
Tandy Speech / Sound pack (also works on the Dragons)
Tandy Orchestra 90.
Couple of program paks.

Plus some self designed hardware for both machines, switchable roms, serial port addon (for D32) etc.

Cheers.

Phill.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

zephyr wrote: What happens on a real CoCo 3 if you point the IRQ vector at a routine like the one below which RTI's without first clearing the interrupt condition with a lda $ff02. Does it (a) seemingly cause the computer to do nothing other than update the IRQ routine (like any real CoCo 1,2 or Dragon) or (b) continue to work as normal (like the VCC emulator)?
I won't be able to test that until after the weekend, but it's possible VCC is correct, as ISTR reading there are multiple interrupt sources in CoCo 3, not just the "fake PIA" ones the GIME will be providing. Interesting incompatibility if so, though it probably wouldn't stop much from working.
daftspaniel

Post by daftspaniel »

I have no hardware :cry:

*violins*

Davy
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

With apologies to Davy, I'm impoverished compared with the rest of you - one Dragon 32, some joysticks, and a Boots cassette recorder.