XRoar 0.22

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

XRoar 0.22

Post by sixxie »

Is... sort-of released. I wanted to get something out before Christmas, so I've thrown the source tarball up, along with the new manual and a Mac OS X build, as I have a Mac here.

If I get time before I have to get the train tonight, I'll try for some other builds, otherwise it'll have to be next week! Hope somebody can get some use out of this, anyway.

Here as usual: http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar.shtml

Edit: ok, managed to find some time, and Windows and DS builds are now up. GP32 one is failing for some reason - that one will have to wait.
admin
Site Admin

Re: XRoar 0.22

Post by admin »

Just played with the windows build and... wow! you seem to be doing an amazing job!
The documentation looked pretty good in the PDF format!

One feature that I was looking forward to was the read/write cas and snapshot files - and it worked really nicely. One thing you should include for eager people like me is that writing to a file using "Control-W" you need to add the .cas file extension otherwise you will get confused.

Really good work! Looks like XRoar is ready for some interesting and fun ideas!
Simon Hardy
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Thanks! Though the PDF is really thanks to Texinfo - LaTeX for lazy people!
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks Ciaran! 8-)

Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Thank you so very much, and have a very merry Christmas.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks very much for your amazing work (as usual), Ciaran... the ".pdf" doc is a most welcome addition to the package.
And I wish you all a Merry Christmas !
Simon Hardy
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Happy christmas to all!

Sorry I didn't get you a card...
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

sixxie wrote:Due to insufficient address decoding, writes to the upper 32K in map type 1 on an unexpanded Dragon 32 cause both the ROM and RAM to be selected. This results in whatever would be in the ROM at that address to appear on the data bus while the RAM is selected for write, causing ROM data to be copied into RAM.

http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/hardware.shtml
Does XROAR still emulate this behaviour?
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

zephyr wrote:
sixxie wrote:Due to insufficient address decoding, writes to the upper 32K in map type 1 on an unexpanded Dragon 32 cause both the ROM and RAM to be selected. This results in whatever would be in the ROM at that address to appear on the data bus while the RAM is selected for write, causing ROM data to be copied into RAM.
Does XROAR still emulate this behaviour?
It should - the code is still there. Must admit it's not been part of my regression testing though. A job to add.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

It doesn't seem to be working. :(