high quality Dragon 32 schematics?

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Alastair

Re: high quality Dragon 32 schematics?

Post by Alastair »

Stew,
what version of Claris Works did you use to create the schematics?
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

Alastair wrote:Stew,
what version of Claris Works did you use to create the schematics?
I just found a copy of the original disks. It was Claris Works for windows version v1.0b and came free with a PC Plus magazine in 1995. It fit on 2 x 3.5" disks :-)

I'll attempt to install it when I get a moment.
Stew
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

sorchard wrote:I just found a copy of the original disks. It was Claris Works for windows version v1.0b and came free with a PC Plus magazine in 1995. It fit on 2 x 3.5" disks :-)

I'll attempt to install it when I get a moment.
I have been messing about with Basilisk II (a 68k Mac emulator) and eventually found a conversion program that told me the release number and version of your files, but I cannot get the program to actually convert anything! Instead I used Claris Works 4.0 for Mac, which comes with some handy scripts and its own conversion program, to create both version 3 and 4 Claris Works files (attached). Perhaps LibreOffice will make a better job of converting these files? (I cannot test this at the moment because I do not have LibreOffice installed.)
Attachments
Mk2s_v3.zip
(100.25 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Mk2s_v4.zip
(120.41 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

Thanks very much Alastair, the v4 files look a lot better! Still a few peculiarities but the lines are now pointing in the right directions.

I'm going to have to turn in due to early start but I'll sort out some pdf's tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it :-)

nb. I installed Claris Works 1.0b on XP but it complains about memory on start up. I guess it needs a DOS style memory manager.
Stew
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

sorchard wrote:nb. I installed Claris Works 1.0b on XP but it complains about memory on start up. I guess it needs a DOS style memory manager.
Surprisingly you can get Windows versions of Claris Works, or ClarisWorks, from the Macintosh Garden. The blurb for ClarisWorks for Win v1.0 states:
Minimum requirements:
Windows OS: 3.1 (Enhanced Mode).
CPU: 386

Installs & runs OK on XP if installed to C:\CLARIS
Optimized for an 8bit display (256 colours)
Some artifacts noticed if display is set to higher resolutions.
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

Alastair wrote:Surprisingly you can get Windows versions of Claris Works, or ClarisWorks, from the Macintosh Garden.
You've struck gold again Alastair! I downloaded v1 from your link and it runs on Win7 32bit. I was able to create some clean pdf files.

There is one thing about these drawings that irritates me though and that is the fact that the arrows generally don't point in the direction of the signals. Z0-Z7 aren't properly labelled on the SAM sheet either. Regardless, I'm pleased we've been able to recover them. Thanks again :-)
Attachments
MKII schematics.zip
(139.17 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Stew