Xroar 'AUDIO ON'

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
chrispoacher

Xroar 'AUDIO ON'

Post by chrispoacher »

Hi everyone,

I'm very much into XROAR now with the latest updates, but the only thing that would make it totally perfect and make me shelve MESS alltogether is that the AUDIO ON command doesnt work. Call me sad but on my real dragon setup I like to hear the tape loading noise while it's loading by typing AUDIO ON before the CLOADM command. MESS can do this but XROAR currently does not. Is there any plan to add this in future releases?? Pleeeeease..

Many thanks.

Chris Poacher
sixxie

Re: Xroar 'AUDIO ON'

Post by sixxie »

Well it doesn't work for sampled audio input, only CAS files, but the latest snapshot actually does this :) And yes, there's a plan to make it work for everything, just needs done in a different way.
chrispoacher

Post by chrispoacher »

i tried the new beta you linked, still can't get any sound out from it, CAS file or otherwise. :cry:

maybe I'm doing something wrong??

Chris Poacher
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Weird, I just downloaded it (20110110 snapshot, right?) and tested under wine, typing "AUDIOON:CLOADM" to load a game and it seems fine! I'll try and find someone around here with proper Windows to test.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I just tried it and it works under Win32, but the sound isn't quite right yet. I mean, it sounds but it has like intermittent stops.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Xroar-snap-20110110-windows32 seems to work perfectly on my machine. Audio produced from cas file sounds like a real audio cassette to me.
chrispoacher

Post by chrispoacher »

ahh, I saved the wrong snapshot.. [older version]. doh.

It works fine now. brilliant

:O)

one happy bunny..

Chris Poacher
Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Has anyone tried using the output from their PC (when using XRoar and "AUDIOON:MOTORON") into a real Dragon to see if it recognises the files ?
The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.
chrispoacher

Post by chrispoacher »

Just like to say, very very happy with the newest XROAR, the tape loading is now at the right pitch and sounding very much like a real Dragon, clearer sound too. And yes it does work when loaded into a real dragon from the PC speaker out :) .