Help fixing a program

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
robcfg

Help fixing a program

Post by robcfg »

Hi,

I've been uploading the tapes from a spanish magazine provided by Drachco, and I've found a problem that I cannot solve trying to recover a program.

The program has a basic loader, then a data/machine code block and then a last basic block.

Thing is, when I try to load the program, I get an IO ERROR message. I've checked the file with my DrCasChk utility and there is no CRC error. It's not the first program that has that loading scheme and doesn't work.

Another one crashes with a ?SN ERROR, but if you load it by typing CLOAD,CLOADM,CLOAD and run, it works fine.

Here, I've uploaded both programs. Draco.cas is the one that I cannot get to run, and Rios.cas is the one that can be loaded and run but has to be done manually.

The Rios program doesn't bother me too much as it can be loaded (I put a text file with instructions), but I'd like to fix the Draco program so I can upload the zip file with the full tape contents working.

Any help is appreciated!
Attachments
RIOS.CAS
Program Rios (Must be loaded manually)
(10.09 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
DRACO.CAS
Program Draco (Cannot load it right)
(11.79 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Help fixing a program

Post by admin »

Could you ZIP and upload the sound files from the tapes for these as well - this makes it easier to help in recovery.
Simon Hardy
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Fixed copies of both games attached.

Regards,
Steve

EDIT: Attachment removed. Both games uploaded to the downloads area.
Last edited by zephyr on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Thanks, Master!

What was wrong with them? I'n not that familiar with dragon programming but I'm always willing to learn :mrgreen:
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

DRACO: The machine code had been saved to tape with the wrong end address which exceeded the top of RAM available to '32 mode' BASIC.

Was 24084, 33263, 24084
Should be 24084, 32758, 24084

RIOS: The screen had been saved to tape with the wrong end address causing the BASIC program to be partially overwritten when it was loaded.

Was 1536, 8166, 1536
Should be 1536, 7679, 35725

There were a few minor bugs in the BASIC as well.

Regards,
Steve
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Thanks Steve!

Great to know. Do you think this is something that could be checked by my utility?

If indeed it is, I can always upgrade it to check and update the file. Obviously the errors in the basic program are beyond the scope of the utility.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

No, its not something you can check for by examining the .cas file.