Spanish compilations

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
robcfg

Spanish compilations

Post by robcfg »

Hi folks!

In a spanish forum, someone is uploading scans of some Dragon software, and I'm not sure it's preserved or if it's already here in the archive.

In case we need to dump that software, I can try to talk the user and see if we can arrange a meeting.

Here's one of the images:

Have a nice day!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Spanish compilations

Post by admin »

Please talk to them.... we only have a couple of spanish titles....
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Good news!

I managed to create .cas images of the files on the first tape and I'll be getting the wav files for the rest of the tapes.

I was thinking that it may be nice to have a wiki page for the magazine and put there links to the tape covers and tape contents.

What do you think?

I attached the zipped cas files for your enjoyment ;)
Attachments
Dragon Software 1.zip
Dragon Software (Spanish magazine) Issue 1 Tape contents
(29.36 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excellent - and feel free to add the wiki page in the Magazines section...
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hi, Simon!

I'm trying to upload the zip file with the tape contens for Issue one of the Dragon Software magazine, and I'm being told that I cannot upload .zip files although the permitted file types list includes .zip...
Permitted file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg, pdf, cas, rom, dgn, wav, zip, vdk, dsk, flv.
My idea is to link them in the magazine's own page and also from the downloads section.

Could you please take a look?

In case it's not possible for me to upload such zip files, I can upload them in the "spanish compilations" thread as attachments so you can put them in the right place later on, but that would make uploadina and editing the page incredibly slow.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry - but for security reasons ZIP is not allowed on the Wiki (and I haven't found out how to easily change this)

If you want to e-mail them to me, or upload them to the thread I'll get them into the downloads area quickly.....
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Ok then, if you can upload the zip file I attached earlier in this thread, I could start figuring how to better organize the page and as soon as I receive more wav dumps and pictures I'll be updating the page.

I'll attach here the zipped cas files for each issue and I will update the page once they can be accessed within the wiki.
:mrgreen:
prime

Post by prime »

admin wrote:Sorry - but for security reasons ZIP is not allowed on the Wiki (and I haven't found out how to easily change this)

If you want to e-mail them to me, or upload them to the thread I'll get them into the downloads area quickly.....
This page http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Co ... le_uploads seems to tell you how to do that.

From a brief scan it looks like you need to remove the zip mime type from $wgMimeTypeBlacklist in one of the config files.

Cheers.

Phill.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

robcfg wrote:Ok then, if you can upload the zip file I attached earlier in this thread, I could start figuring how to better organize the page and as soon as I receive more wav dumps and pictures I'll be updating the page.

I'll attach here the zipped cas files for each issue and I will update the page once they can be accessed within the wiki.
:mrgreen:
Uploaded...http://archive.worldofdragon.org/archiv ... 201%29.zip and http://archive.worldofdragon.org/archiv ... 202%29.zip
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hi Simon,

Thanks for uploading the files and renaming them!

How can I link the files in a wiki page? I've tried with the [[Media:]] syntax and it doesn't recognize the files. If I use another file that was uploaded to the wiki, it shows ok in the preview.