Vintage Computer Festival @ Bletchley Park - 19th & 20th Jun

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Computer Festival @ Bletchley Park - 19th & 20th Jun

Post by admin »

Alastair wrote:Finally, to show off. Load OS-9 onto a 64 and multitask a few programs. Then put a sign above it that states, 'Here's something the iPad can't do.'
I LIKE that.... now just need to work on my OS-9 skills to get things visibly multitasking !!
Simon Hardy
prime

Post by prime »

admin wrote:That will be great ... The list so far is:

Chuckie Egg
The King
Manic Miner
Jet Set Willy
Skramble
(Talking) Android Attack
Rommel's Revenge
Buzzard Bait
Astroblast
Moon Cresta
BackTrack
Ok the above are done, had to hack the loader on Moon Cresta and BackTrack, but they do now both load. BackTrack was a real sod, the majority of the program is encrypted !

Glove could be a problem as it's a multi-load for the levels, so I could boot the basic game from rom but you'd still need the tape to load the levels from.
Avenger (I think - need to check - its a Semi-Graphics mode defender clone)

So is Avenger in the archive the one you want to use.

Currently I also have in the cart :

Cave Hunter
Cyrus chess
Metioroids
Starship Chameleon
Dragon 32 Demo
Hunchback
Ghost Attack
PSS Star Trek

This is 432K's worth of data, max size is 512K, but I'm quite happy to remove some of the above if we need to make room for others.
Another option is that I currently have 2 multi carts, so if we wanted more than 512K of stuff, we could split the software across the
two of them. If things got really desperate, it's back into the garrage to make another cart :)

Simon, do you happen to have a couple of spare cart cases ? if not I'll borrow a couple from original DD games :)
There must be more really great games worth making available.... If the list gets too big, editors choice will be final :D
Fair enough.

Cheers.

Phill.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

prime wrote: Ok the above are done, had to hack the loader on Moon Cresta and BackTrack, but they do now both load. BackTrack was a real sod, the majority of the program is encrypted !
Thanks
Glove could be a problem as it's a multi-load for the levels, so I could boot the basic game from rom but you'd still need the tape to load the levels from.
That should be fine....if it works...
Avenger (I think - need to check - its a Semi-Graphics mode defender clone)
So is Avenger in the archive the one you want to use.
No its not Avenger - I can't get the name right - might be protector - I need to find it....
Currently I also have in the cart :

Cave Hunter
Cyrus chess
Metioroids
Starship Chameleon
Dragon 32 Demo
Hunchback
Ghost Attack
PSS Star Trek

This is 432K's worth of data, max size is 512K, but I'm quite happy to remove some of the above if we need to make room for others.
Another option is that I currently have 2 multi carts, so if we wanted more than 512K of stuff, we could split the software across the
two of them. If things got really desperate, it's back into the garrage to make another cart :)

Simon, do you happen to have a couple of spare cart cases ? if not I'll borrow a couple from original DD games :)
Better leave those there for now - Especially the Dragon 32 Demo one!!..LOL

I'll have a dig about for some spare cart cases - not sure - They will be from DD games that don't work.
Simon Hardy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The game is Protector and is attached as I don't think its made it to the downloads section !
Attachments
Synapse Software - Protector.zip
(11.03 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Simon Hardy
prime

Post by prime »

admin wrote:The game is Protector and is attached as I don't think its made it to the downloads section !
Cheers I'll look at that this evening. Having just had a quick look, I don't think that will be a problem at all, as it's a single cloadm that doesn't even auto run :)

BTW I *may* be able to get Glove to load completely from the MultiCart if the machine that it is running on has 64K of memory. Doesn't need to be a Dragon 64, an upgraded 32 would be ok too.

Cheers.

Phill.
coops

Post by coops »

Alastair wrote: a few gentle puzzle games should be included - if only I could think of some good examples.
'
I always find Trekboer a nice chilled puzzler (but that may be because I know it off by heart!).
PEABODY IS AWAY...
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

coops wrote:
Alastair wrote: a few gentle puzzle games should be included - if only I could think of some good examples.
'
I always find Trekboer a nice chilled puzzler (but that may be because I know it off by heart!).
But Trekboer is an adventure game, I'm not sure if Simon wants one person sitting in front of a Dragon for a few hours.

BTW, by "gentle" I meant a game that does not require frantic mashing of the fire button, or lightning sharp reflexes.
coops

Post by coops »

Alastair wrote: I'm not sure if Simon wants one person sitting in front of a Dragon for a few hours.
And I was just about to volunteer too. :(

'Escape' used to be pretty un-raucous. Right up to the point where you want to take a hammer to the Dragon because you have no idea where you are. Again.
PEABODY IS AWAY...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'll have at least 3 real dragons operational at all times, plus a Nintendo DS running Xroar as an example of emulation in a modern world....

So if somebody wants to sit and stay a while, thats cool...

I'll have the archive with me and in addition to the multi-load cart I will be able to load any game from the archive on request !
Simon Hardy
prime

Post by prime »

Right Trekboer, runs ok from cart but takes us over the 512K boundry.

So we have two choices, take something else out, or start a second cart, I currently have two carts built anyway so this is not a problem, however we may want some more games to populate it....

Oh and I just won 4 carts on Ebay (ones I already have), so I'm going to use the cases from those for the carts.

Cheers.

Phill.