newbie sez hello!

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
wgoodf

newbie sez hello!

Post by wgoodf »

just a quick howdy to you all.

currently i am waiting for my Dragon 32 to arrive from ebay-land. it must be around 25years since i last touched one and i admit to being quite excited.
it has some games and one cart with it, which is quite nice.
sadly no joystick tho.

talking of joysticks and floppy drives for that matter, do folk around here trade / sell stuff to each other?
a floppy drive would be a glorious addition! well i always remember lusting after any floppy drive when i was wee looking through the magazines.

so as a new-newbie i would be interesting in buying stuff perhaps, hardware wise.

especially anything that would help with connecting the dragon to a new machine and getting some terminal session going. a bit of telnet-ing could be fun.

regards
dale
sixxie

Re: newbie sez hello!

Post by sixxie »

Well it tends to be fairly quiet here... ;)

I wish I had spares I could pass on to an enthusiastic newcomer, but I only have one reserve DragonDOS cart as it is - they're pretty rare on eBay. That said, if you can get the DOS cart, most old double density floppy drives will work with it - you don't need a specific Dragon one.

Connectivity-wise, not sure anyone ever made an IP stack for OS-9/6809, but you should be able to get a serial console onto a Linux box "easily" enough...
wgoodf

Re: newbie sez hello!

Post by wgoodf »

yup the linux thing would be the way to go i think.

but for just now - my dragon is here and after a few screens cleared of chucky egg i am happy enough!
next is tracking down the colour cryptographic code sheet for jet set willy. i had completely forgotten about them, it was only when it fell out of the manic miner box i realised i didn't have one for jet set willy.

oh the retro joys!

oh for info as i guess you are retro kinda guys.

the retrochallenge? you heard about it?
www.retrochallenge.net myself and a bunch of others mess about twice a year. a good excuse to dust off those old code-ing or gaming skillz.
its a bit quiet just now, but there is also the retrochallenge BBS. telnet to lorance.no-ip.org
there is usually a play around in the month of january and the month of july. so a few months away before the winter warm-up.

oh - me, i am here www.haddockdot.co.uk (when the bloody thing stays up anyway)

regards