ROTABB

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

ROTABB

Post by sixxie »

I'd forgotten how good this game is - the difficulty ramps up really well (but quickly!). I just got to "This is where you get yours, Julie Andrews", which I think is as far as I ever made it as a kid.

Only problem I'd say is you can just sit around forever ramping up score on the first level if you want, meaning level progression is the only real demonstration that you're getting better.
zaf

Re: ROTABB

Post by zaf »

Nicely made game! and fun to play but that big boss on the first screen gets me all the time.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

You can kinda "play" them - let them zip past you and then just maintain a small circular motion keeping it wrong-footed. Then you've got to aim the missiles at the same time... ;)
coops

Post by coops »

This one must have passed me by, unless ROTABB is an acronym?

Rise Of The er.

Return Of The ah.

Running Over The um.

Rotating On Top And..best leaving that one there.
PEABODY IS AWAY...
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Revenge Of The Alien Bongo Beast in the Crissy Crossy Lines Dimension ;)
Last edited by zephyr on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
coops

Post by coops »

Im not sure if the above is Zephyr taking the mickey or not. If its an early/mid eighties game you never know.
PEABODY IS AWAY...
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

He's not kidding, that's its real name! (edit: hey, nearly! it's "Revenge Of...") It's in the Tapes/CAS section of this site (Kouga Software), or...

I've been ill over the last few days, so I spent some time ripping tapes and transcribing inlays, neither of which demands much concentration. ROTABB is one of them and they're in here: http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/dragon_originals/
coops

Post by coops »

Superb. Great title. I'll have a look at that later tonight.

Do I dare though? I've clearly never owned a copy so I may get into trouble for downloading a copy for emulation! I may get the ghost of Brian Cadge* bearing down on me demanding some 'Answers' of his own!

I'll give it a bit of thought.

*To the best of my knowledge Brian Cadge is neither dead nor even a bit poorly.
PEABODY IS AWAY...