XRoar 0.23 released

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
zephyr

Re: XRoar 0.23 released

Post by zephyr »

Ciaran,
If you don't already do so, I would suggest using compiler options -O2 (or O3) and -march=i686 -mtune=i686. These settings should produce significantly faster code which will run on any processor from Pentium Pro upwards (or equivalents).
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Suggestion taken (it was i586 before, which I suppose is going back a little too far...)

New build as i686, including DLLs: http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/xroar/xroar- ... dows32.zip
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks Ciaran! :)
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I'm getting a crash with xroar-snap-20091207-windows32 when trying out '-vo sdlyuv' (the other two -vo options are fine).
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Oops, yes. Applied a similar fix across all the modes but sdlyuv does things differently... Fixed now.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Steve Woolham sent me the attached program today. He has explained that the code works perfectly under T3 and VCC, but fails under XROAR. Just CLOADM, EXEC, and type PLAY"CDEFGAB" to test.

Regards,
Steve
Attachments
XROAR_TEST.zip
(222 Bytes) Downloaded 195 times
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Can you say what the expected outcome is? From my tests before and after EXECing that code:

T3 (in dosbox): Before: slow notes, after: slow notes
Vcc (in wine): Before: slow notes, after: slow notes
XRoar: Before: slow notes, after: fast notes (tempo changed)
Real Dragon 64: Before: slow notes, after: fast notes (tempo changed)

So unless I'm missing something, it's looking like correct behaviour?

(Edit: now that SDLMESS has finished building, I can say that MESS 0.135 does it "right" too, fast notes after like a real Dragon).
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks Ciaran! :) It looks T3 and VCC are the problem.
zaf

Post by zaf »

Excellent! Can confirm its running on the latest macs and the ascii file load is just the kind of functionality that makes me dribble. Before I was hacking (really dirty) the source to do the same. Good work, keep it up!
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

zaf wrote:Excellent! Can confirm its running on the latest macs and the ascii file load is just the kind of functionality that makes me dribble. Before I was hacking (really dirty) the source to do the same. Good work, keep it up!
Could someone please explain to me how this functionality actually works?! Is it something that should enable one to enter some BASIC code in any text editor, then load it in XRoar?

[edit] OK... I eventually found the "Ctrl-Shift-L" command listed in the ".pdf" doc for the emulator, which seems to act like an extended "CLOAD" function. It also looks like any invalid BASIC statements are ignored (that is just fine).
Last edited by snarkhunter on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.