Extra PCB fitted to Dragon 32

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
prime

Re: Extra PCB fitted to Dragon 32

Post by prime »

tjewell wrote:Quite a co-incidence this discovery, given my other thread about display quality! Like Alastair, I'd be intrigued to know which Dragons this would work with. Might it already have been done on the later issue5/6 boards, which is why they have a better quality display? Or is it better still?

I love the fact that new things can be discovered about these machines even after nearly 30 years.
Well oddly my original 1984 bought Dragon had the same mainboard as this one but didn't have the patch board which is odd. So it seems that only some machines had them fitted.

Cheers.

Phill.
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Phill,

Glad you are pleased with the machine and better still, managed to get it working :-)

It is even better news that you have been able to work out the intended use of the patch board - if you would be interested in making some of these (and we can figure out which Dragons they are suitable for - if not all), then I would be interested in selling them

Rich
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks, Phill! 8-)
salan

Post by salan »

Hi, New to the site, but had dragons since day one.
If I remember that far back, I seem to rememebr the bpard was for cleaning the vid signal up and I think for other tv systems ie secam etc.
But the mod was on some UK boards.
The video siganl is really for NTSC timings The cct was 'frigged' for PAL.
Alan
RoyCoates

Post by RoyCoates »

Hi. Whilst my memory of all things Dragon is more than a little rusty, I do recall that my local electronics emporium had a stack of Dragon 32 motherboards for sale which they told me were units returned to the factory as faulty.

I've no idea what I did with these boards (it was so so long ago!) - but many of them had that additional daughter board. I'd not seen it before.

I still have some boxes of Dragon stuff in the attic, maybe I'll have a rummage over the Easter break.

Cheers,

Roy.