XRoar 0.29 available

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

XRoar 0.29 available

Post by sixxie »

Pulling in all the updates contained in the snapshots with some last-minute fixes, here's 0.29 in time for 2012's month overflow.

http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar.shtml

The only notable differences from the last snapshot are:
  • 6309 tracing completed, and 6809 tracing updated.
  • Crash bug when switching cartridges fixed.
But since 0.28, there have been many more additions and fixes.
zephyr

Re: XRoar 0.29 available

Post by zephyr »

Thanks Ciaran! :D
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello Ciaran,
I have downloaded version 0.29 and works great.
I will give a try to the 6309 option one of those days.

By the way, I own a Thrustmaster joystick connected to my PC and I have not been able to configure XRoar to work properly with it.
It has the two normal axis (X-Y) and a third one for throttle (it appears in the Windows device configuration as axis Z).
When I start the emulation, axis X is OK, but axis Y is always tied to the throttle (axis Z and inverted).
Any advice to put the right parameters?
I use these:
-joy-right 2,3:1:1 -joy-left 0,1:0:0
But with other values (that I don't remember right now) I couldn't get it work properly
Thanks in advance
Pere
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

pser1 wrote: By the way, I own a Thrustmaster joystick connected to my PC and I have not been able to configure XRoar to work properly with it.
It has the two normal axis (X-Y) and a third one for throttle (it appears in the Windows device configuration as axis Z).
When I start the emulation, axis X is OK, but axis Y is always tied to the throttle (axis Z and inverted).
Any advice to put the right parameters?
I use these:
-joy-right 2,3:1:1 -joy-left 0,1:0:0
You'll need to know which axis index the proper Y axis is. If it was axis 2 instead of the default axis 1 for examine, you could do:

-joy-left 0,0:2:0

The first 0 is the joystick device number, then the colon-separated values are X-axis:Y-axis:Button.

Once started, Ctrl+Shift+J will swap left & right joystick mapping. Nowadays I'd want that to just be Ctrl+J but I allocated that to cycling through virtual joystick configurations early in XRoar's lifetime. Ho hum.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I can't get DriveWire 4.3.0 to work at all with version 0.29. XROAR just freezes with the patched ROM from http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/rom/ :(

I used the following command line for my CoCo 2 emulation:

xroar -vo sdl -machine cocous -bas bas12.rom -extbas extbas11.rom -cart-becker -dos hdbdw3bck.rom -ram 64 -kbd-translate
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Ok, first bug!

Looks like -cart-becker is ignored, for now try enabling it globally with -becker instead (they are supposed to do two subtly different things, but I screwed up the logic for one of them).
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Its still the same. XROAR just freezes as before.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Hm substituting "-cart-becker" for "-becker" is definitely working for me under Mac OS X, so long as I have Drivewire (4) started first, and configured to listen on the "becker" interface ("Emulator or other TCP/IP" in the config wizard).

XRoar defaults to connecting to localhost (127.0.0.1) on port 65504 - can you check DW4 is listening there? Under other OSs "netstat -a" will list listening sockets, I'm sure there would be a Windows equivalent.

Fix for "-cart-becker" in http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/xroar/ - working for me.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Its working perfectly now. Thanks Ciaran! :D
Attachments
Drivewire.jpg
Drivewire.jpg (107.95 KiB) Viewed 5898 times
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Where can I download the source code for the hacked HDB-DOS-DW ROM?