XRoar 0.29 available

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

Re: XRoar 0.29 available

Post by sixxie »

Actually a missing feature! The CoCo printer port is serial, and I've done no work on that. The Dragon's printer port is parallel with a STROBE line, and XRoar detects pulsing of that STROBE line in order to determine when characters are output to the printer.

For CoCo printing to work properly, I'll need to do serial protocol analysis. That's something I want to get around to anyway, as part of overall support for serial ports, but it might be a way off.

In the meantime I've hacked up a simple ROM breakpoint hack that will do the job for BASIC printer access like LLIST. Snapshots in the usual place...
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks Ciaran! :) Your ROM breakpoint hack should keep most people happy for now. ;)

The forum seems to have gone very quiet since the start of the New Year. It seems like we are the only members left (apart from the Spambots of course)! :lol:
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hey! There's at least three of us ;)

I still have some material to dump and scan, and I'll be asking some friends for more material.

I have the feeling this could be a very good year for the Dragon!
jmk

Post by jmk »

Do not be surprised if there are some interesting things this year.

There's a CoCo Coding contest with a deadline of the end of March, that might turn up some Dragon-compatible items.

There's Jonathan Cauldwell's Arcade Game Designer, which could potentially be converted, although I'm getting the feeling that I'd have to do it myself...

Also, I'm working on a conversion of a certain game to the Spectrum. If I can get that finished (time constraints) then it wouldn't be that hard to make a Dragon/CoCo version, although it would probably need 64K.
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello Ciaran,
tested your patch to solve the basic LLIST problem on the CoCo emulation.
It works nicely.
thanks one more time!!
Pere
Rink

Post by Rink »

robcfg wrote:Hey! There's at least three of us ;)
I'm still here. :)

Got a few Dragon related projects on the go, but they're not going to set the retro-scene alight.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

jmk wrote: There's a CoCo Coding contest with a deadline of the end of March, that might turn up some Dragon-compatible items.
I keep forgetting about this... I have a tech demo idea, will have to get around to seeing if it will actually work!
daftspaniel

Post by daftspaniel »

Four! I am still here in lurk mode :D Happy 2013 all!

No active projects on the go though I want to revive my Dragon website and possible code a text screen Minecraft/hack type game. The CoCo Coding contest might make a nice deadline. I find that helps after taking part in PyWeek a few times.

Cheers,
Davy
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

Five! Happy New Year again!

I know we're now sliding off-topic, but I rather like the idea of text mode hack style game - are there any out there already?

Tony
Julian

Post by Julian »

Funny you should ask that - about 25 years ago I did write one for the Dragon but the odds of finding it now are on the slim side.... still been unable to test the casettes I have got and I don't know if it is on any of them...