Page 1 of 2
Tetris test on a Dragon?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 2:32 pm
by bug2k17
Any of you guys able to test my version of Tetris on a real Dragon 32? I haven't got round to fixing mine, only my Coco1 is running at the moment.
Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 4:44 pm
by sixxie
I don't have convenient 32 set up to test on but it runs under emulation.
Nice sounds and particle effects!
There are a lot of keypresses it won't recognise though - while reconfiguring the controls and while entering your name. In CoCo emulation it was still picky about the controls, but I was able to enter my name properly.
Anyway, I got 19300.
Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 5:00 pm
by bug2k17
I'll check scan routine, default keys should be < left > right / down c rotate <space> drop, I only tested a few other on the bottom row and arrows. m on the title screen mutes the music. There is likely some logic bugs with the block checking too.
Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 5:18 pm
by sixxie
I didn't notice anything obviously wrong with the gameplay...
The keys that aren't recognised for configuration definitely include (1 9 A I Q Y CLEAR) (which share a column. or row, depending on how you look at it) and some others which you might be reserving including (UP C K S SEMICOLON).
Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 5:28 pm
by bug2k17
I was checking the same columns, so missing others. I've edited the first post (I think!) can you try this one.
Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 5:37 pm
by sixxie
Will do.
Meant to say I tried it on a real Dragon 64. 15120...
Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 5:54 pm
by sixxie
Yep, the new version lets me enter my preferred keys. No joy on the high score table though.
Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:11 pm
by bug2k17
Is it the high score table on the real dragon that isn't working? which keys work/don't work? Just testing in xroar all upper and lower case letters work. I think I may have tried to be too clever and guess which type of keyboard is used based on the first few key pressing used, perhaps just checking the rom would be better.
Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:17 pm
by sixxie
bug2k17 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:11 pm
Is it the high score table on the real dragon that isn't working? which keys work/don't work? Just testing in xroar all upper and lower case letters work. I think I may have tried to be too clever and guess which type of keyboard is used based on the first few key pressing used, perhaps just checking the rom would be better.
Yeah real Dragon 64 - no dice typing 's' or 'x'. It was ok with 'i' though.
Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:34 pm
by bug2k17
Try this updated version, has different masking for the dragon keyboard transform.