Tetris test on a Dragon?

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
bug2k17
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 am

Tetris test on a Dragon?

Post by bug2k17 »

Any of you guys able to test my version of Tetris on a real Dragon 32? I haven't got round to fixing mine, only my Coco1 is running at the moment.
Attachments
tetris.dsk
(157.5 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
tetris.cas
(43.74 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Last edited by bug2k17 on Tue Sep 22, 2026 8:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sixxie
Posts: 1494
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 am
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?

Post by sixxie »

I don't have convenient 32 set up to test on but it runs under emulation.

Nice sounds and particle effects!

There are a lot of keypresses it won't recognise though - while reconfiguring the controls and while entering your name. In CoCo emulation it was still picky about the controls, but I was able to enter my name properly.

Anyway, I got 19300.
bug2k17
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?

Post by bug2k17 »

I'll check scan routine, default keys should be < left > right / down c rotate <space> drop, I only tested a few other on the bottom row and arrows. m on the title screen mutes the music. There is likely some logic bugs with the block checking too.
sixxie
Posts: 1494
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 am
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?

Post by sixxie »

I didn't notice anything obviously wrong with the gameplay...

The keys that aren't recognised for configuration definitely include (1 9 A I Q Y CLEAR) (which share a column. or row, depending on how you look at it) and some others which you might be reserving including (UP C K S SEMICOLON).
bug2k17
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?

Post by bug2k17 »

I was checking the same columns, so missing others. I've edited the first post (I think!) can you try this one.
sixxie
Posts: 1494
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 am
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?

Post by sixxie »

Will do.

Meant to say I tried it on a real Dragon 64. 15120...
sixxie
Posts: 1494
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 am
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?

Post by sixxie »

Yep, the new version lets me enter my preferred keys. No joy on the high score table though.
bug2k17
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?

Post by bug2k17 »

Is it the high score table on the real dragon that isn't working? which keys work/don't work? Just testing in xroar all upper and lower case letters work. I think I may have tried to be too clever and guess which type of keyboard is used based on the first few key pressing used, perhaps just checking the rom would be better.
sixxie
Posts: 1494
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 am
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?

Post by sixxie »

bug2k17 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:11 pm Is it the high score table on the real dragon that isn't working? which keys work/don't work? Just testing in xroar all upper and lower case letters work. I think I may have tried to be too clever and guess which type of keyboard is used based on the first few key pressing used, perhaps just checking the rom would be better.
Yeah real Dragon 64 - no dice typing 's' or 'x'. It was ok with 'i' though.
bug2k17
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Tetris test on a Dragon?

Post by bug2k17 »

Try this updated version, has different masking for the dragon keyboard transform.
Post Reply