Getting XRoar (or anything else) to save as ASCII

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
tjewell

Getting XRoar (or anything else) to save as ASCII

Post by tjewell »

Hi all, I'm having a complete blank on how to do this ...

I've got a .CAS file with a big BASIC program in. I'd love to edit it on my computer. So I thought, simple, I'll save as ASCII from within XRoar - but, actually, can I do that? I can do a CSAVEM"STUFF",A - but it's still padded with a bunch of CAS stuff. So what's a nice simple way to get a BASIC file out of a Dragon and into ASCII?

Cheers, Tony
sixxie

Re: Getting XRoar (or anything else) to save as ASCII

Post by sixxie »

tjewell wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:35 pm I've got a .CAS file with a big BASIC program in. I'd love to edit it on my computer. So I thought, simple, I'll save as ASCII from within XRoar - but, actually, can I do that? I can do a CSAVEM"STUFF",A - but it's still padded with a bunch of CAS stuff. So what's a nice simple way to get a BASIC file out of a Dragon and into ASCII?
If you run XRoar with "-lp-file <filename>" and then LLIST your BASIC program, you should end up with it in a file. CR-separated of course.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

LLIST is the better idea, but if you want to save a de-tokenised BASIC program the command is CSAVE"STUFF",A (CSAVEM is for saving machine code).
megagarrym

Post by megagarrym »

If you use the LLIST approach, you'll need to then hit ctrl+shift+P to flush the buffer. LLISTing will create the file specified in your -lp-file switch, ctrl+shift+p will stick your listing in it.