Dragon survey, what to ask for?

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Alastair

Re: Dragon survey, what to ask for?

Post by Alastair »

Vato wrote:Does your board look like any of mine? If I could put up photos of the various board versions, people could "report" the board version without the need for peeling off any stickers that may cover it.

Vato
Mine looks more like the lower photograph though the power connector is uncovered like the upper photograph and also C8 has the same type of sleeve as the upper photograph. As previously stated, the serial number sticker does not cover the issue number on my board.

Curiously, for my Dragon the ribbon cable connected to PL10 has the dark wire on the right rather than on the left.

I've just had another look at the survey page, the power board is marked "issue" not "mark." Perhaps in Dragon Data nomenclature they have a mark followed by an issue number, but I cannot recall seeing a mark number written on the board.

Alastair
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

zephyr wrote:I just spent an age typing extra comments and it wiped everything out , and offered to take me to the start just because I didn't leave my email address. :x That's not going to go down well with anyone!!!
Click on the "Why e-mail" link as that will tell you what to do if you don't want to include you email address.

Alastair
Vato

Post by Vato »

Hi,
I have simply added "Tano" as an option for the power board.

When it comes to other versions of the RF-modulator for other countries, I'll leave it as it is, for now. We always have the "Other" option, and the "Comments" field.
Could the other version you have be of Australian origin? The UK-sold Dragons are at least identical to the Scandinavian-sold Dragons, even if they use PAL I and PAL B/G, respectively. Audtralia is the only country using a PAL system that might be different on UHF channels. But I suppose you Britons know Australia better than me ;-)
Was the Dragon ever sold in France? Then we might have a SECAM version as well....

If I could get pictures of the RAM configurations of the two different Issue 5 boards, I will add them separately.
Tom
Vato

Post by Vato »

Alastair wrote:
zephyr wrote:I just spent an age typing extra comments and it wiped everything out , and offered to take me to the start just because I didn't leave my email address. :x That's not going to go down well with anyone!!!
Click on the "Why e-mail" link as that will tell you what to do if you don't want to include you email address.

Alastair
It's also stated in the top-text of the page......
I'll make it BOLD AND IN CAPITAL LETTERS so weak eyes can see it better ;-)

Sorry, anyway......

Vato
Tom
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Alastair wrote:

Alastair
It doesn't say anything about deleting all your bl**dy entries! :x
Vato

Post by Vato »

zephyr wrote:
Alastair wrote:

Alastair
It doesn't say anything about deleting all your bl**dy entries! :x
It sure does say that your entry will be rejected, and that you'll have to enter the data again......

quote:
It is crucial that you don't leave that field empty, because if left empty, your entry is rejected, and you'll have to enter the data again......
end quote
Tom
Vato

Post by Vato »

Alastair wrote:I've just had another look at the survey page, the power board is marked "issue" not "mark." Perhaps in Dragon Data nomenclature they have a mark followed by an issue number, but I cannot recall seeing a mark number written on the board.

Alastair
Thanks, I'll change that!
Tom
Vato

Post by Vato »

Alastair wrote:
Vato wrote:Does your board look like any of mine? If I could put up photos of the various board versions, people could "report" the board version without the need for peeling off any stickers that may cover it.

Vato
Mine looks more like the lower photograph though the power connector is uncovered like the upper photograph and also C8 has the same type of sleeve as the upper photograph. As previously stated, the serial number sticker does not cover the issue number on my board.

Curiously, for my Dragon the ribbon cable connected to PL10 has the dark wire on the right rather than on the left.

Alastair
I guess they used what ever components, connectors and switches they could get their hands on, unrelated to what board "Issue" they were building.

I'll leave that as it is for now, as the RF-modulator should give most people a clue if they can't see the markings on the board itself.

Vato
Tom
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

My apologies for not reading the warning message properly. I would be wasting my time taking part in this because I will forget at some point to enter that email address in and be back at square one again.
Vato

Post by Vato »

zephyr wrote:My apologies for not reading the warning message properly. I would be wasting my time taking part in this because I will forget at some point to enter that email address in and be back at square one again.
Just for you I have included a default entry in that field, so you will be OK as long as you don't remove it before submitting!
Did I remember to say that you must NOT delete that default entry? :twisted:
Tom