XRoar 0.30 released

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

Re: XRoar 0.30 released

Post by sixxie »

Ah do the first few bytes of a delta disk indicate its layout? I notice your image is an exact multiple of 256 bytes, but starts with 40 and 10 conveniently enough...

Well, prefixing that image with a byte containing 10 (first byte == sectors per track) makes xroar load it as a 10 sector disk, but I don't really know what to do with it after that! Hmm, are 10 sector disks supposed to be single density perhaps?
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Right, Delta seems to be happy to access only the first 10 sectors out of 18 of a double density disk, so I pulled that trick then just backed it up using the BACKUP command.

Uploaded here as this forum doesn't seem to like ".dmk".

BTW, do you have some other version of the Delta ROM? It never tried to autostart anything for me...
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

The LLIST bug still pops up. When I get the time I will do some more thorough testing to find out when it occurs as it isn't obvious as to what actions are causing it.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Alastair wrote:The LLIST bug still pops up. When I get the time I will do some more thorough testing to find out when it occurs as it isn't obvious as to what actions are causing it.
I think I found it - the way BUSY was being updated wasn't surviving across machine reconfigurations.

Pushed out version 0.30.2!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

sixxie wrote:
Alastair wrote:The LLIST bug still pops up. When I get the time I will do some more thorough testing to find out when it occurs as it isn't obvious as to what actions are causing it.
I think I found it - the way BUSY was being updated wasn't surviving across machine reconfigurations.

Pushed out version 0.30.2!
The initial test with 0.30.2 seems promising (I started with a Dragon 64 and used Ctrl+M to move through all of the computers back to the Dragon 64 and LLIST worked), but for posterity's sake here are the results I got when testing xroar-0.30-w32:

D32 ROM only
On start LLIST works
Ctrl+M through and back to Dragon 32 LLIST fails

Both D64 ROMs
Dragon 64 works
Dragon 64 > Tano works
Dragon 64 > Tano > ... > Dragon 64 fails
Tano works
Tano > ... > Dragon 64 fails
Tano > ... > Dragon 64 > Tano fails

D32 and both D64 ROMs
Dragon 64 works
Dragon 64 > Tano works
Dragon 64 > Tano > ... > Dragon 32 fails
Dragon 64 > Tano > ... > Dragon 32 > Dragon 64 fails
Tano works
Tano > ... > Dragon 32 works
Tano > ... > Dragon 32 > Dragon 64 fails
Tano > ... > Dragon 32 > Dragon 64 > Tano fails
Dragon 32 works
Dragon 32 > Dragon 64 works
Dragon 32 > Dragon 64 > Tano fails
Dragon 32 > Dragon 64 > Tano > ... > Dragon 32 fails

D32, both D64, and two CoCo (bas13 and extbas11) ROMs
Tano works
Tano > (CoCos) > Dragon 32 works
Tano > (CoCos) > Dragon 32 > Dragon 64 fails
Tano > (CoCos) > Dragon 32 > Dragon 64 > Tano fails

D32 and two CoCo (bas13 and extbas11) ROMs
Dragon 32 works
Dragon 32 > ... > (CoCos) > Dragon 32 fails

The only thing I can see that the above have in common is that LLISTing fails after you change to a third Dragon irrespective of whether-or-not the relevant ROMs are available. Is this consistent with BUSY not being updated?
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

It was because the default PIA value reads BUSY, and this was only updated in the printer init code - which isn't called when just switching machines. Changed it to a poll before PIA read so it'll always get the right value now.

Bit overkill really, all BUSY is ever used for is to indicate that no "printer" is attached - could trivially have done that at the "machine" level rather than at the "printer". But hey, when I get around to adding code to talk to real parallel ports, the support is there...
jedie

Post by jedie »

@sixxie: IMHO it makes sence that XRoar start by default with -keymap and -kbd-translate...
The value for key map must be easy set to the local default, isn't it?
... too many ideas and too little time ... Related stuff written in Python:
Dragon 32 emulator / PyDC - Python Dragon 32 converter: https://github.com/jedie/DragonPy
DWLOAD server / Dragon-Lib and other stuff: https://github.com/6809
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

jedie wrote:@sixxie: IMHO it makes sence that XRoar start by default with -keymap and -kbd-translate...
The value for key map must be easy set to the local default, isn't it?
Both GTK+ 2.x and SDL 1.2 make "translated mode" nice and easy, but I personally wouldn't want that to be the default, as I prefer the layout to reflect a real Dragon as much as possible. You can always put those directives in an xroar.conf...

SDL 2.0 seems to remove the features that make translated mode easy, so I'm not looking forward to that transition!

As for automatically determining the host keyboard layout - I suspect that would need platform-specific code. It'll be needed to cope with SDL 2.x anyway, so I'll look into it at some point. I know how to query X11 for such things, but the other supported platforms are a bit of a mystery :)
jedie

Post by jedie »

Now, i first see XRoar under linux. It has a menu! Cool. Didn't see it until yet.
What a pity that's not available on windows. But ok, then i will allways use nativ linux package from tormod ;)

EDIT: Have a problem: I try to load a plain ASCII .bas file. But didn't work.
File content is only 10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD"
I see "Attached virtual cassette..." message in terminal. And in emulator i see:
F BASIC
OK
RUN
OK
But no "HELLO WORLD" and LIST is also "empty".

EDIT2: It's XRoar 0.30.2
... too many ideas and too little time ... Related stuff written in Python:
Dragon 32 emulator / PyDC - Python Dragon 32 converter: https://github.com/jedie/DragonPy
DWLOAD server / Dragon-Lib and other stuff: https://github.com/6809
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Don't forget to press enter after the last line as otherwise Xroar will ignore it.

Thus, if you have only a line and no enter at the end, it will show nothing.