PSU Pictures

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
robcfg

Re: PSU Pictures

Post by robcfg »

Good evening!

I added the scans of the power board of my Tano Dragon. I also included a picture of the part of the PCB that's under the shielding, where the modulator usually is.

Cheers!
Rob
tormod

Post by tormod »

Rolo wrote:It's really easy to build such a power supply. All the components are quite common, but I'm not sure, if it's worth the effort.
I have a small power board from a broken DVD player which has -12,12,5 outputs, I just need to add a -12 -> -5 regulator or converter. I'll eventually let you know how that works, but it is a bit down on my list :)

"Worth the effort" is a very individual measure when it comes to retro computing ;)
Rolo

Post by Rolo »

"Worth the effort" is a very individual measure when it comes to retro computing
@ tormod: Yes, you're right. Some people would say, the whole thing is not worth the effort...

@ robcfg: You started a fine section. I think, it would deserve a link on the main page, maybe on the left column -> hardware?
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

@ robcfg: You started a fine section. I think, it would deserve a link on the main page, maybe on the left column -> hardware?
Thank you very much!

Regarding the link to the page, you can click on Publications->Technical on the left column. It may not be the ideal place, but I think only admins can make changes on the main page.
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

robcfg wrote:Regarding the link to the page, you can click on Publications->Technical on the left column. It may not be the ideal place, but I think only admins can make changes on the main page.
I'll make the change to the main page if there is a concrete proposal. Should we move the "Technical" link from publications to hardware? Don't make me think too hard on my own... :-)

-- Rolf
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hi Rolf!

I'd rather add the "PCB Pictures","PSU Pictures" and "Cartridge Pictures" links to the bar.

Talking about cartridge pictures, all Dragon Data cartridges seem to have the same PCB, should I add known expansion cartridges pcb pictures and such to that page?

Cheers!
Rob
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Can we just settle on "Hardware pictures" or something similar to reduce it to just one line in the sidebar?

-- Rolf
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Seems fair enough to me!

Hardware Pictures, then.

Regards,
Rob
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Navigation entry Hardware|Hardware Pictures created.

-- Rolf
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Thank you very much, Rolf!

Should I remove the links from the Publications->Technical section?

I already put the links on the new page ;)