Unboxing brand new Dragon 64s.

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
zephyr

Unboxing brand new Dragon 64s.

Post by zephyr »

Daniel Campos and Juan Castro unboxing and testing two brand new Dragon 64s.

http://amxproject.com/?p=2108
Last edited by zephyr on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alastair

Re: Unboxing brand new Dragon 64's.

Post by Alastair »

Arrgh those are Tano Dragons! You got my hopes up there that it was still possible to buy unopened Dragon Data Dragon 64s.
zephyr

Re: Unboxing brand new Dragon 64s.

Post by zephyr »

Its still the same machine. :) If you have a UK Dragon 32 or 64 power supply, 5 pin DIN to SCART video lead (available from eBay), and suitable TV set, you can use a Tano Dragon 64 here in the UK.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

zephyr wrote:Its still the same machine. :) If you have a UK Dragon 32 or 64 power supply, 5 pin DIN to SCART video lead (available from eBay), and suitable TV set, you can use a Tano Dragon 64 here in the UK.
I'm aware of this but if it was a Dragon Data machine then it would most likely be available in this country and thus the P&P would be much cheaper :D
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

You won't get any argument from on that. Only the VERY RICH can afford those shipping costs. :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was lucky enough to get in early whilst setting up the Dragon Archive - before they changed the shipping rules so I only paid for surface shipping - can't remember how much now, but wasn't huge. I have one unopened sat in storage along with an unopened Dragon 200 (please don't shoot me!).

The archive has examples of all boxed Dragons - D32 x 3 different boxes, D64, Tano and 200 plus loads more boxed items (Disk drive & controller, joysticks, touchmaster pad etc.) and of course a Dragon Professional (working!). I am keeping these safe in storage along with all the original software (tape, disks, carts), books, peripherals (Dragon Plus, Dragons Claw etc.), (Dragon User) and fanzines (NDUG etc).

They will be donated to a suitable museum at some point so they can continue to be available - there are several such museums in the UK to choose from.

A dragon 200 and the Professional are likely to make a public appearance at RetroRevival which is being held in Wolverhampton, UK in May 2013..... and maybe other UK based retro events.... so if you want to see the Professional working - get yourself over here.
Simon Hardy
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

admin wrote:I have one unopened sat in storage along with an unopened Dragon 200 (please don't shoot me!).
You need only be tranquilised long enough for a "recovery mission"...
Dragon Plus
Stick that on the list, boys.

..ciaran
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

sixxie wrote:
admin wrote:I have one unopened sat in storage along with an unopened Dragon 200 (please don't shoot me!).
You need only be tranquilised long enough for a "recovery mission"...
Dragon Plus
Stick that on the list, boys.

..ciaran
:lol:
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I'd like to go to the RetroRevival to see that Professional.

Any chance we could do 300dpi scans of the board for the wiki? I dont mind carrying the scanner and a laptop though the airport guards may look at me with some degree of suspicion... :mrgreen:

Oh, and the plus too!
JCCyC

Post by JCCyC »

Hi there folks. Juan here. Thanks to Simon for opening up the gates for just enough I could sneak in unnoticed by the barbarian hordes. Is Daniel here?
zephyr wrote:Daniel Campos and Juan Castro unboxing and testing two brand new Dragon 64s.

http://amxproject.com/?p=2108