A question for Sarah...

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Sarah

Re: A question for Sarah...

Post by Sarah »

zephyr wrote:Yes, the Shift+# is working OK but its only working in 'Real Mode' rather than 'PC Mode' like T3 and XROAR.
Yes, only in 'Real Mode' however it's not possible to directly compare with T3 in that way (don't know about XROAR). The 'PC Mode' in PC-Dragon refers to usage of MS-DOS for reading the keyboard, whereas 'Real Mode' uses a built-in keyboard driver instead. T3 always uses its own built-in driver and offers a choice of key translation sets but PC-Dragon only has 1 fixed set of key translations for its 'Real Mode' implementation. So, I guess you're asking for ASCII character '~' mapping to Shift+@ in 'PC Mode' and will check if that's also possible.
zephyr wrote:Also, the breapoint at $A1C1 causes the emulated CoCo to crash when using the Color Basic 1.4 ROM in Real Mode.
Is this CoCo 1 or CoCo 2? If it requires a DOIO $00 that operates differently to the Dragon then I might not know what to do about it!
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I really do hope its possible to do the ASCII character '~' mapping to Shift+@ in 'PC Mode' . :( PC-Dragon is not just a CoCo/Dragon emulator to me; its a very valuable tool that I have been using for many years.

Regards,
Steve
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Sarah,

Have you abandoned this project?

Regards,
Steve
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Just extremely busy Steve. I have some time-off in August so should be able to look at it again then, if not before.

Edit: Sorry... still been too pushed for time. Maybe in September! ;)