XRoar cas conversion...

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
prime

XRoar cas conversion...

Post by prime »

Hi all,

As part of the testing of the pre-production Prototypes of DragonMMC, my testers and I are finding some cas files that won't work with the interface because they are not correctly bit to byte aligned. We have found that re-writing them through XRoar will fix this and that the correctly bit aligned file will generally then load without problems.

Is there a seperate utility to do this or a way of scripting it so that you don't have to do it all through the gui, then load the file etc?

Cheers.

Phill.
sixxie

Re: XRoar cas conversion...

Post by sixxie »

You could try:

Code: Select all

xroar -tape-rewrite -timeout-motoroff 1 -run input-file -tape-write output.cas
That'll try autorunning the input file, rewriting, and quit the emulator once the tape motor's been turned off for 1 second (increment that for safety if you like).

You could add "-ui null -ao null" if you didn't want it to fire up the UI at all.

There are some programs XRoar can't automatically determine how to autorun though, so you might still have to do it manually for some.

Edit: oh yes, and it won't work for everything, especially things with fully RAM-based custom loaders like Tube Way Army or Superkid (but you'd need a crack for those to work with DragonMMC anyway, I guess)