Dragon-MMC

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
tormod

Re: Dragon-MMC

Post by tormod »

Thank for posting this, Phill! I will at least look at the CAS functionality. I wonder if you are doing some processing of the CAS data on the Dragon-MMC, or if you are hooking into the BASIC "read byte from cassette" routines and just passing byte per byte from the CAS file.
prime

Re: Dragon-MMC

Post by prime »

tormod wrote:Thank for posting this, Phill! I will at least look at the CAS functionality. I wonder if you are doing some processing of the CAS data on the Dragon-MMC, or if you are hooking into the BASIC "read byte from cassette" routines and just passing byte per byte from the CAS file.
IIRC just hooking the read byte from cassette routing which seemed to allow most of the correctly aligned** CAS that I tried files to load. My initial experiments before using the MMC where with the FTD245 linked to a PC via USB, again hooking the load byte and reading over the serial port.

** Some early CAS files seemed not to have the bit stream correctly aligned to the byte boundaries, and so though they would load into an emulator that was just looking at the bit stream, they obviously would not load here.

Cheers.

Phill.