XRoar 0.31 released

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
pser1

Re: XRoar 0.31 released

Post by pser1 »

Hello,
I have tried both 32 and 64 versions and I must be doing something wrong, for sure, because in both cases I get this error message:
"Program cannot start because libwinpthread-1.dll has not been found in the computer. Reinstall program to correct this problem"
The text is translated into english from my message (in spanish)
Anyone has made any test with this lat snapshot?
thanks
pere
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Oh! Sounds like something MinGW should be statically linking but isn't. I've copied that .dll up - but obviously I need to look into why it's needed (I thought MinGW was providing pthreads compatibility statically linked - maybe I was wrong, but nobody complained about previous snapshots!).
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello.
All older versions work without problems, never ask for more dlls.
I have copied the new one, right to the XRoar folder and now the two versions give different errors:
- version 64 stops with this message (translated):
"The application could not be started correctly (0xc000007b). Click on Accept to close it"
- version 32 stops with this different message:
"The program cannot be started because there is not libgc_s_sjlj-1.dll in the computer. Try to reinstall the program to correct this problem"
- The 32 version using the gtk special exe gives that very same error
regards
pere
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Ok, think I found the problem with the build - new versions uploaded, working for me under Wine.
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello Ciaran,
yes, now both versions keep the discname without problems, thanks.

By the way, I tested too the gtk 32 version that lies on the same page where I have downloaded the new snapshot, but this executable is shorter that the one I got last time from the same place.
Furthermore, this one doesn't show the joystick options you had lately added.
The old version does show them . . . maybe I have got the wrong one(?)

Thank you very much for your help
pere
pser1

Post by pser1 »

back again,

the one with the number of the last snapshot works perfect for me, shows the joysticks options you have added.
The one I tried first was the one from 0.31.1 and this has not this implemented, so everything is alright!!

thanks again and sorry for the mistake testing the wrong version
pere
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Thanks for testing - and now there's another snapshot uploaded (2014-18097), this time for the non-GTK+ Windows users.

It all seems to mostly hang together under Wine, but it seems to randomly miss some selections - would be interested in knowing if this is the same under real Windows?
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello Ciaran,
I have tested both 32 and 64 versions and work perfect (as far as I have tested).
I didn't find the gtk version for this snapshot, but ... you have included the windows menus by default in BOTH versions, great!! :o
This means that from now on we can forget about the gtk libraries and so anyone could work with just one installation (the preferred one 32 or 64)
One of those days I am going to give a deeper try to the GDB, just to see if I am able to trace a small machine language program running on the 64 emulation.
Thanks a lot for your great job, it's much appreciated
cheers!
pere
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Thanks Ciaran, this may be a SDL issue but I've noticed in XRoar-snap-2014-18097-w32 that the first time you click on a menu option that the click is sometimes ignored though subsequent clicks on that option all seem to register.

Also, the 'Alt Gr' key now behaves like a 'Ctrl' key.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Thanks for testing...
Alastair wrote:this may be a SDL issue but I've noticed in XRoar-snap-2014-18097-w32 that the first time you click on a menu option that the click is sometimes ignored though subsequent clicks on that option all seem to register.
Right, this is what I saw under Wine, too. Some sort of focus issue, but I'm not sure what that even means in Windows land! Maybe perusing the SDL source code will enlighten.
Also, the 'Alt Gr' key now behaves like a 'Ctrl' key.
Not sure about that one!