Dragon 32 World Type Of Site

Looking for a Dragon or CoCo game not already in the archive - Then request it here and hopefully it will either be uploaded to the archive or another member can upload it to this forum.
daelectron

Dragon 32 World Type Of Site

Post by daelectron »

I am starting to take an interest in the Dragon 32. I never owned one back in the day and the information on the Internet seems to be scattered around a variety of places and is not too easy to locate with just a few mouse clicks.

I am thinking about putting together a site like:

http://www.acornelectron.co.uk

but for the Dragon 32. It would be of the same kind of format, with screenshots, scans, instructions, solutions, reviews, etc. But the idea would be everything would be easily navigable.

Does anyone know where I would start in trying to get a Dragon 32 with a disk drive and some blank disks? Also, are there any archives simply of coverscans that I could take a look at? I see a different coverscan appears in the top left of this site all the time, but when you click it you just get the home page again? Are these images available in a bigger format?

Any help, links, advice or encouragement appreciated.
Darren

Re: Dragon 32 World Type Of Site

Post by Darren »

The most obvious place to look for old machines and software is of course online auction sites http://www.ebay.co.uk. As has been discussed elsewhere these machines for the most part still work reasonably well as there is much less to go wrong with them.
Rink

Post by Rink »

Between World of Dragon and Dragon Wiki, I think we're well served in terms of repositories. Maybe you could talk to the admins here and perhaps expand WoD with any extra info you collect, rather than doing your own thing and trying to lure visitors?
daelectron

Post by daelectron »

Heh heh, ye of little faith. Wait 'til I unveil it...!
Rink

Post by Rink »

:D
daelectron

Post by daelectron »

This is well underway and I have tried to source all the different games, cover scans, inlays, etc that are available on the Internet (from MANY locations) and also create proper instructions. I've also added all of the reviews from the magazine Personal Computer News (www.personalcomputernews.co.uk) as none of these were available elsewhere. It's all on my hard drive at the moment but very soon it'll be ready to go live.