Dragon Disco Lights

Looking for a Dragon or CoCo game not already in the archive - Then request it here and hopefully it will either be uploaded to the archive or another member can upload it to this forum.
chrispoacher

Dragon Disco Lights

Post by chrispoacher »

Hi, does anyone have a .cas copy of the program 'Dragon Disco Lights' that was printed in Dragon User sometime around 84-85? It was a simple m/c program to light up the screen when you played music through the datacorder. I remember typing this in but it only half worked and I only had 5 lights instead of the full screen. :) would love to see it running properly.

Chris Poacher.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dragon Disco Lights

Post by admin »

I remember typing that one in and I did get it working......
Simon Hardy
chrispoacher

Post by chrispoacher »

I'm sure it worked, just my impatience aged 11 at my first attempt at entering hexloader numbers. :lol:
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

Hello Chris,

Yes, that name does indeed ring a bell. Unfortunately, I've gone throuh the table of contents today for all (online) issues from 1983 to 1987, but could not find any such thing. Yet I know there once was such a utility provided in DU. Or my memory is telling me so.

I never typed it in myself, but I believe that's just the kind of thing I could possibly do when I have a little spare time (... i.e. soon).

Hope someone else here might already have it, somewhere on a disk.

Kind regards,
Lionel
Last edited by snarkhunter on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrispoacher

Post by chrispoacher »

I remember it must be 1985 onwards, because I bought my first dragon user magazines then :) I'll have a look and see if I can find the page it was on. Chris.
chrispoacher

Post by chrispoacher »

Still not found this yet, I'm 100% sure it was in Dragon User around the time when Chuckie Egg & DarkStar were reviewed, although I can't find it.. :(
tormod

Post by tormod »

I found "SOUND-TO-LIGHT" (written by R.Strange) through the index file at http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index. ... ragon_User published on page 33 of January 1985, with an improvement posted on page 4 of April 1985. Can it be this?
chrispoacher

Post by chrispoacher »

Hi Tormod, I don't think so as I'm absolutely sure the program was a basic hex-loader with about 50 lines of hex to enter; hence why mine didn't fully work as I made mistakes, :lol: A similar idea, this program had 9 rectangles 3x3 which filled the screen and chaged colour/pulsed when music played through the cassette input, mine only had 5 working lights as my impatience got the better of me at age 11 :)