Pirate Adventure - Scott Adams

Looking for a Dragon or CoCo game not already in the archive - Then request it here and hopefully it will either be uploaded to the archive or another member can upload it to this forum.
Rink

Pirate Adventure - Scott Adams

Post by Rink »

Does anyone have a working copy of this? It seems the only one in the archive (Tapes -> Dragon -> WAV) does not work.

It could be handy to make sure we have a the Scott Adams classics preserved.

All the best,

R
rolfmichelsen

Re: Pirate Adventure - Scott Adams

Post by rolfmichelsen »

I actually have this game. I'll make sure to upload it to the archive once I return from some travels, sometime mid next week.

-- Rolf
Rink

Post by Rink »

Nice one! Cheers mate.
munkeyboy

Post by munkeyboy »

I have just loaded the Pirate Adventure wav from the archive using xroar 0.24 and played through the first few locations (looks like a good adventure) without any problems. The wav file sounds like a good quality recording (to my cloth ears anyway). Is your problem that it won't load at all or does it crash while running?

Gareth
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

Just in case you should want more, the full set of "Scott Adams" adventures for the Dragon is available as a couple of ".vdk" files (... should be somewhere in the downloads section). These are "ADVEN03A" and "ADVEN03B" and contain the following:

ADVEN03A:
Adentureland, Pirate Adventure, Secret Mission, Voodoo Castle, Strange Odyssey, Mystery Funhouse, Pyramid of Doom, Ghost Town, Savage Island Pt. 1 & 2, The Golden Voyage

ADVEN03B:
The Sorcerer of Claymorgue Castle, The Incredible Hulk

As fas as I can remember, all should work fine under emulation.
Rink

Post by Rink »

munkeyboy wrote:I have just loaded the Pirate Adventure wav from the archive using xroar 0.24 and played through the first few locations (looks like a good adventure) without any problems. The wav file sounds like a good quality recording (to my cloth ears anyway). Is your problem that it won't load at all or does it crash while running?
I got nothing out of it on Xroar - IO errors if memory serves. I may have done something wrong or had a bad download, but I noticed the !! at the beginning of the file name and assumed that meant the tape had problems (just guessing there) so thought I'd post here. Sorry if I've got that completely wrong,

Snark - as always, thank you very much. Great tip once again- I was intending to play through them all so you've saved me loads of time trying to find them all. :)
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

... You're welcome!

I've just searched for a direct link, and here it is!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

By applying xroar-0.23pre3-tapemangle to this site's wave file I have created a working cas file. Then, to round things off, I created a working wave file from that cas file by using xroar-snap-20120707. Both files can be found in the attached zip.
Attachments
Adventure_International-Pirate_Adventure.zip
(50.28 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

Just in case you should find the Dragon interface tedious to cope with, you may still consider playing these games on your computer (or online, etc... ) : They are all available for download from Scott Adams' web site (several formats available, including online playing).
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Unfortunately, no luck with producing a clean dump of this game from the cassette that I have. Seems like the recording is pretty weak, but I'll give it another shot when I have more time available. I guess this isn't too urgent since working copies already exists in the archive. In the meantime, I have created a wiki page with cover artwork and the usual stuff.

-- Rolf