anyone remember what this game is called?

Looking for a Dragon or CoCo game not already in the archive - Then request it here and hopefully it will either be uploaded to the archive or another member can upload it to this forum.
samplefiend

anyone remember what this game is called?

Post by samplefiend »

hi all

i am trying to find a dragon game but i can't remember the name of it. i used to like a lot of the type in games and have found files of most of them in the dragon archive. :-)

it's a shmup along the lines of moon cresta, in hi res black and white mode. it was a type in from a magazine and if memory serves it was part of a tutorial on animating sprites or something. the graphics were large and detailed. the enemies looked a bit like the ones from tron the movie or drone datatank and they sort of revolved their legs as they moved across and down the screen. ring any bells with anyone? think it was all machine code too maybe?

cheers

craig
Darren

Re: anyone remember what this game is called?

Post by Darren »

There are downloads available for the magazines so maybe you can trawl through them. I remember a couple of games but cannot remember the title. The first was a game where you had to bomb things. You were in a plane and you were flying across the screen. There was a sort of box at the bottom of the screen and you had to bomb the blocks in the box away. The second was a text adventure where you had to find buried treasure. You could buy weapons to defend yourself and even 'clues' as to where the treasure was located. I think these were both commercially available games as opposed to type-ins.
Darren

Post by Darren »

Finally! Found the adventure game at least - Ultimate Adventure 4. :D. Now onto the arcade style one. ;)
Darren

Post by Darren »

Finally! Found the arcade game - Evictor by Wizard Software. I thought it began with an “E” but was not sure.