bum files

Looking for a Dragon or CoCo game not already in the archive - Then request it here and hopefully it will either be uploaded to the archive or another member can upload it to this forum.
wgoodf

bum files

Post by wgoodf »

A question on broken files.

two so far i have found that load on the dragon so far and then fail.

computavoice and eddie steady go.

eddie even fails using xroar. is there anything that we can do about this?
zephyr

Re: bum files

Post by zephyr »

Try these...
Attachments
cvesg.zip
Computavoice and Eddie Steady Go
(20.42 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

They're not working for me - did you patch the leaders of the ones available here? I think there's actually data missing from them - e.g., Eddie's title screen has obviously missed a block or two. That one might be fixable just be inserting a dummy block I suppose...
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

sixxie wrote:That one might be fixable just be inserting a dummy block I suppose...
Quickly inserted a block in vim and this loads:

http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/eddie_ste ... atched.cas

No guarantees it'll keep working for long though!
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

sixxie wrote:They're not working for me - did you patch the leaders of the ones available here? I think there's actually data missing from them - e.g., Eddie's title screen has obviously missed a block or two. That one might be fixable just be inserting a dummy block I suppose...
I used FIXCAS on them. They seem to be working OK when used with Paul Burgin's T3 emulator.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

zephyr wrote: I used FIXCAS on them. They seem to be working OK when used with Paul Burgin's T3 emulator.
That's interesting. Suggests the data's in there but being skipped due to various delays (whereas T3 breakpoints the cassette loading ROM routines so there would be no delay). Does my hacked version fail on T3 then? If so, I've generated a new one here with xroar-tapemangle which should only include stuff that actually got read in:

http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/eddie_ste ... tched2.cas
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

sixxie wrote:That's interesting. Suggests the data's in there but being skipped due to various delays (whereas T3 breakpoints the cassette loading ROM routines so there would be no delay). Does my hacked version fail on T3 then? If so, I've generated a new one here with xroar-tapemangle which should only include stuff that actually got read in:

http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/eddie_ste ... tched2.cas
Your original hack failed on T3, but the tapemangle generated version seems to be working perfectly.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

zephyr wrote: Your original hack failed on T3, but the tapemangle generated version seems to be working perfectly.
Cool. The proper solution is a re-rip of course, but I don't own this one.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks Ciaran! :D

Just tested the archived version (.cas file) of ComputaVoice under T3 and XROAR without problems. I used the following syntax to load the M/C and BASIC demo.
CLEAR200,24000:CLOADM:CLOAD
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

sixxie wrote:
zephyr wrote: Your original hack failed on T3, but the tapemangle generated version seems to be working perfectly.
Cool. The proper solution is a re-rip of course, but I don't own this one.
I'll add it to the todo list unless somebody else wants to use the XROAR "tapemangle" edition to re-rip from the original tape...
Simon Hardy