Games we never had

Looking for a Dragon or CoCo game not already in the archive - Then request it here and hopefully it will either be uploaded to the archive or another member can upload it to this forum.
drmarkb

Games we never had

Post by drmarkb »

I notice in the uploads section that zephyr has procured Tut's Tomb for us- which is absolutely marvelous BTW, as well as Sailor (which I have not got round to giving a bash). A couple of letters in DU 88 Jan and Apr refer to other games we never got- Paper Round, Brew master, Gantelet - none of which appear to be in the archive. I am wondering if anyone can find these specific games or, indeed, similarly popular unreleased co-co games in wav form?
Buying co-co software from the us is extremely expensive- I have Project Nebula (hasn't everyone?) and Galactic Attack cartridges which work reasonably well on my D64- but I cannot believe the cost of second hand Co-Co software in the US- it is prohibitive to say the least- so unless these items ever appear on this side of the pond, as they sometimes do, I am unlikely to get them myself.
Thanks for reading....
snarkhunter

Re: Games we never had

Post by snarkhunter »

Hello,

I'm afraid I just cannot help you get any original copies. But if you should be willing to check out "Brew Master", you will find it on my "ARCAD03A.vdk" virtual disk, somewhere in the Archive.

Lionel
Last edited by snarkhunter on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

Thanks,

I don't suppose you have it in Wav format at all?
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

drmarkb wrote:Thanks,

I don't suppose you have it in Wav format at all?
Its in the Uploads section.
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

More thanks!!!!!! Very fast response.
I have a lot of time off over the summer, and would like to spend a fair chunk of it with the Dragon playing some new games (D64 that is, not the wife ........ :D )
Commodore

Post by Commodore »

Is there a version of Tetris for the Dragon?

I was pleased that even the VIC 20 got a Tetris program a few years ago (having missed out first time round). It's surprisingly good.

Surely if no version exists for the Dragon that would be a game right up the Dragon's street?

Unfortunately I can't write it.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Commodore wrote:Is there a version of Tetris for the Dragon?
There are at least two versions available for the Dragon.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58&p=443#p443
Attachments
Tetras (1990)(Paul Burgin)[!].zip
(69.56 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
Commodore

Post by Commodore »

That's great, thanks Zephyr.

Is there a Dragon version of Blitz? That is a game where you have to bomb the skyscrapers from an aeroplane, as it gets progressively lower and then either crash into a building, or land?

And what about Choplifter?

I am really interested to see the games that push the system to its limits as well.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Commodore wrote: Is there a Dragon version of Blitz? That is a game where you have to bomb the skyscrapers from an aeroplane, as it gets progressively lower and then either crash into a building, or land?
There have been a few versions of this game written for the Dragon. Try the attached Air Assault.
Commodore wrote: And what about Choplifter?
I'm not sure about this one. Try Copta Snatch from the Uploads section.
Attachments
Air Assault (1984)(Datacom Publications)[!].zip
(27.61 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Commodore

Post by Commodore »

Still nothing will load. It gets so far through the process and then the cursor freezes, the .wav file ends, and the screen does not change.

I tried Chuckie Egg, Airball and Frogger.

I think I have found the problem though - BAD RAM.

When I type ?MEM, I get 8492, which is rather lower than I was expecting, just about 8K.

I thought I'd try this as it was reminiscent of when a 48K Spectrum I had suddenly decided it would be a 16K Spectrum. The good news is the Spectrum was fixed, I don't suppose a Dragon is quite such an easy proposition. Shame if that is the case.

It would be good if anybody could confirm my diagnosis, and maybe suggest a Dragon Doctor.