Dragon Update

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
olaeld

Dragon Update

Post by olaeld »

I have been looking for scanned copies of Dragon Update, and was very pleased to find Issue 1 uploaded on our wiki! Is this a work in progress, or have they been scanned already?
Ola Eldøy
sixxie

Re: Dragon Update

Post by sixxie »

There used to be more here, but it looks like it got shut down.

Might be worth pulling stuff down from archive.org:

http://web.archive.org/web/200606040226 ... sh/update/

Edit: recovered as much as I can to here: http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/dragon_update/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks...these are the ones I'm publishing for now..... I have a copy of most of the other dragon web sites just incase the go down...if anybody wants to add issues beyond number 20, then please break out your scanner and OCR software.....I'd like them to be in the Wiki rather than PDF so they are searchable.
Simon Hardy
Vato

Post by Vato »

admin wrote:I'd like them to be in the Wiki rather than PDF so they are searchable.
But wouldn't it be wise to also upload the scans/PDF's (as well as the OCR'd text) for the sake of archiving? I like to think people want to see how things really looked.... memories, you know..... ;-)

Vato
Tom
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm happy to put the PDFs in the download area if somebody does them.... I have all but one issue (128 I think) but do not have time as I have a young family...
Simon Hardy
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Some years ago I downloaded the available newsletters from members.aol.com/kjnash/update, so I have copies without archive.org's javascript at the bottom. What's more I even zipped them up for archiving purposes, enjoy!
Attachments
DUpdate.zip
Dragon Update Newsletters (in HTML form)
(936.31 KiB) Downloaded 364 times