Wiki Style

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Wiki Style

Post by admin »

Thanks.... will try and get some more done this weekend if my 3 year old lets me have any time
Simon Hardy
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

G, H, and I, but not GLOVE, I'll leave it up to Mr. McKay if he wishes to move the entry.

I have a question about All Dream (or is it All DREAM) by Grosvenor Software, is this the same program as originally published by Dragon Data? As it stands I have not given it an entry different from the Dragon Data program, then again I have not touched the programs in the Dragon Data entry.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

All Dream (or however we want to spell it) is the same... When DD went bankrupt a number of others started publishing ex-DD software... I have a copy of All Dream complete with manual etc, all labelled Grosvenor Software..... There are other examples - Microdeal published 4-5 ex-DD titles....but they are all the same (maybe with a change of (c) or a new loading routine - so important to have seperate entries).
Simon Hardy
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I see the need for separate entries for the downloads, but separate wiki pages for each version of a program? For entries for programs that were updated or re-released by a different publisher, why not have one wiki page for that program, with that one page giving details of the various versions and publishers of that program, and with download links to each version?

Anyway, today it's been the turn of J, K, and L.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I guess that would work - have not really given it much thought as there isn't many of these - possibly as few as 20..... Not all of them are listed on here at the moment as I have kept some of them out to try and keep things simple whilst we set it all up.

Many thanks for sorting out the listings.......

Would love to see others starting to copy the existing game entries as a template and start adding some of the missing game pages.
Simon Hardy
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

M and N, with the obligatory exclusion of:

Microdeal (as work has already started on this entry)
Microvision Software (again work has already started on this entry)
MST CONSULTANTS (as its program entries are prefaced with their format)
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

O and P, excluding
ORANGE SOFTWARE
PREMIER MICROSYSTEMS
PULSER SOFTWARE

The next two have had their entries altered though they remain all-caps
PSE
PSS

Note, in the "Oasis Software" section "Dragon 3D O's & X's" and "Invader Cube" is the same game, I have left both entries as I believe the game was sold under both names (though not at the same time).

Now I have some of questions.
First, am I right in assuming that the "Program Factory Ltd" games are the same as those released by the "Programmer's Guild"? Which is why I have not created separate game entries for those games.

Second, were some of the program entries released by "Preston (R & AJ)" previously released by other publishers: namely, "Blaby Computer Games", "Datacom Publications", "Melbourne House", "Snip Software Ltd" (which leads to another question - is one game called "Telepathy" or "Telepath"), and perhaps "Starship Software" and "Trojan Products" (in which case is the game called "Space Trek" or "Star Trek")? (This leaves Autorun II, Dominoes, Filing System, Music Maestro, and Zotoka as 'unclaimed' programs.)

Third, under "Pegasus Software / Services" should the program be spelt "Dragon Utilitys"?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Alastair wrote: First, am I right in assuming that the "Program Factory Ltd" games are the same as those released by the "Programmer's Guild"? Which is why I have not created separate game entries for those games.

Second, were some of the program entries released by "Preston (R & AJ)" previously released by other publishers: namely, "Blaby Computer Games", "Datacom Publications", "Melbourne House", "Snip Software Ltd" (which leads to another question - is one game called "Telepathy" or "Telepath"), and perhaps "Starship Software" and "Trojan Products" (in which case is the game called "Space Trek" or "Star Trek")? (This leaves Autorun II, Dominoes, Filing System, Music Maestro, and Zotoka as 'unclaimed' programs.)

Third, under "Pegasus Software / Services" should the program be spelt "Dragon Utilitys"?
Program Factory Ltd and Programmers Guild are the same games - possibly released at different times.
Preston (R & AJ) is mainly re-releases of other games - not sure if this was a 100% legal enterprise as I don't have info about release dates or licenses....So not sure about the exact games either but will try to clear up later on.

And yes, as far as I know the Dragon Utilitys is the correct spelling - I don't have the software to cannot double check.
Simon Hardy
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Q, R, and S.

I note that Computape, PSE, Quickbeam Software, and Smithson Computing have more than one program release in common. If anyone knows the history of these publishers, and the when and why the programs moved publisher they are more than welcome to add the details. (Is that a subtle enough hint?)
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

I don't actually know, but I think I assumed at the time that the authors' agreements with distributors were just non-exclusive.