Departure from Joomla

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
olaeld

Departure from Joomla

Post by olaeld »

It was probably a good idea to ditch a CMS system that was rather complex to maintain. At the moment, my only concern is that I am not able to upload new stuff. Also, I am a little worried that recent uploads may have been lost. I uploaded Tetris some time ago, and I cannot find it in the "Downloads" area at the moment.

If there is anything I can do to help, please feel free to ask.

And thank you so much for performing a much appreciated work!!!

Best regards,
Ola Eldøy
Ola Eldøy
admin
Site Admin

Re: Departure from Joomla

Post by admin »

No uploads have been lost, I am in the process of extracting all the changes from the CMS so I can import them. The upload feature cannot return as the site no longer requires membership. As a temporary solution you can either e-mail them to me or attach them to a post in the new upload forum.
Simon Hardy
olaeld

Post by olaeld »

Good to know that you have kept everything, Steve! The site seems to run faster, too.

Cheers,
Ola
Ola Eldøy
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

I like the new site - a vote here for simplicity! :)

It did seem to forget my password, but a reset sorted it out.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Full overhaul and departure from Joomla is now complete - Forums and Wiki based site are totally integrated and all forum members automatically become wiki editors so you can all contribute new content or correct existing content.

I am working on some Wiki templates for the Games so we can keep the format consistent and also link into the download area.
Simon Hardy