New french member

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
Iksarfighter

New french member

Post by Iksarfighter »

Hi,

Its missing in this forum a "presentation" section.

I am french so my english is sometimes bad.

Had a Dragon 32 and then a Dragon 64 around 1983 - 1988, played a lot of games and utilities. Programmed some software.

- "Zoom" was in Basic and allowed to scan Dragon's memory (all pages in RT and with different zooms). It was programming the VDG and graphic modes.
- "Fact" was in assembly (Dream) and was computing up to 3000! in less than 15min if I remember, result was in hexa but translated in decimal.
- Made a driver for allow my Olivetti DM5050 printer to print the screen memory, graphic scenes.
- Made a small 3D engine in assembly, was a Basic program translated in assembly. Used Bresenheim algorithm, my own sinus table of 256 angles with 0 to 255 value, etc...

- I aslo tried to earn some money passing dragons 32 to 64, hardware work.
- Also I bought a pack of 20 Dragons 32 and tried to resell but it was alreday passed. Atari 520 ST killed the dragon and others small machines.

TY for this website ;)

Manu.
simon

Re: New french member

Post by simon »

Hey Manu...

welcome aboard

/Simon :-)
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Welcome aboard, Manu. Sorry for keeping your post in the approval queue for several days. You are now a full member of the forum and all future posts will be published immediately.

-- Rolf
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hi Manu, welcome to the Archive!

Do you know if besides the usual games, there were programs done in France for the Dragon? It would be nice if you still have some old french dragon software or hardware that we could preserve. A whole new world of Dragon goodnes! :mrgreen:

You also arrived here at a time where there is a lot going on in the Dragon world.

Enjoy!
Rob
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Hi Manu.

Welcome! Always nice to find there are more people who appreciate the Dragon. :)
Iksarfighter

Post by Iksarfighter »

TY guys ;)

@Rolf got nicely surprised as this site is norwegian cause I am fan of Norway and I backpacked a lot in your country :D

@Rob I will have a look at what I have, but its under a lot of dust atm... My Dragon 64 need to be restarted, but my floppy controller failed long ago. I have a pluggable cartridge "Agrosystèmes" or something like that for farming management.
Also the game "Graal Quest" on which we spent so much nights totally addicted... But I've read that u have it already.
I will sort in my own software and will publy them here, maybe in Basic or Assembly listings, or if we get lucky in files form.

Adding to my CV :lol: :

- 80 columns graphic card with riser on Dragon's VDG slot. (it a "copy" of the official card)

- hum how to translate it ??? A switch "impulsion dobler?" for use 80 tracks FDD as 80 or 40 tracks ones ! It is mounted on the 34pin ribbon, and a switch allows to use 40 or 80 tracks formatted floppies. I got it off an Informatic fan club.

OK will dust off my old stuff for sort things.

@+
Manu.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

You have several interesting things there!

And yes, the Agrosystèmes cartridge is interesting :mrgreen: And what seems to be a Dragon Plus expansion clone, even more! It would be nice to be able to study it and see if we can replicate it.

We're are absolutely in no rush, so when you have time to dig through your Dragon stuff, we can decide the best strategy for preserving it.

If you need assistance dumping tapes, disk or cartridges, just ask and we'll help you. In the "worst case" scenario, you can send me some stuff and I'll dump and scan it (I'll be glad to pay postage to Spain back and forth if necessary).

Regards,
Rob
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Manu,

It's not a Norwegian site. Our real admin, Simon, is definitively British but I help out with some admin tasks now and then together with Rob. The Dragon was quite popular in Norway due to its distribution through one of the major office supply chains in the 80s, so you'll see more Norwegians here.

-- Rolf
Iksarfighter

Post by Iksarfighter »

Here "AGRO SYSTEMES" cartridge with package and french manual :

Will post 80 col card pictures later, is that you call a Dragon plus thing ? I have maybe all for replicate it, but maybe hard theses days to find where to buy components !

Just began sorting hardware and software stuff.

Searching for a short listing Basic of my "Zoom", very nice to run it on a Dragon.

Remembering the game "Seiddab Attack" OMG, just retrieved printed screenshots.

@+
Manu.
Iksarfighter

Post by Iksarfighter »

There is the 80 col card. Thought I had all the folder and masks for replicate it as it is a copy, but I dont find it, will search more later.

Do you know by chance where I could buy a floppy disk controller with a decent DOS for my Dragon 64 please ?
Last edited by Iksarfighter on Thu May 07, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.