New french member

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
Iksarfighter

Re: New french member

Post by Iksarfighter »

tormod wrote:Do you still have the 20 Dragons??! :)

LOL ! Just retrieved 6 Dragons 32 in my attic, mainly disabled I think. And a pack of disks copies and papers about OS9, Flex and Co.
Iksarfighter

Post by Iksarfighter »

I can maybe prepare 2 or 3 D32 for sell them, they seems like they have just born, except the paper box lol

The other 3 D32 need more work in order to be used I think.

One is transformed 32 to 64K but seems disabled.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Manu, can you take a look at our Hardware Pictures page and check if we have high quality scans of your motherboards and power boards?
Iksarfighter

Post by Iksarfighter »

OK will do that when working on D32s.
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

Iksarfighter wrote:Also the game "Graal Quest" on which we spent so much nights totally addicted... But I've read that u have it already.
Yes, have already uploaded virtual disks with a copy of that game.
A project of mine was to try and translate this game into English, since most members here cannot read French. I had begun to work on this, a couple of years ago, but then time has been lacking. And passing. It takes a real lot of time to convert the game disks' content into individual ".txt" files (there's quite a fair number of those), then translate everything, then eventually convert the result back to virtual disks. I'm still unsure about the latter step, as a matter of fact. Some automatic "download all from VDK" feature would have proved quite useful in this area.

Yet I'm confident all of this is still possible.
I think the original disks might be in the archive already. If they're not, then I know there's a thread here with the zipped disks attached.

I will try to check this over the week-end.
By the way, could anyone here please remind me of the way to pause a DIR list on the screen by software means (i.e. not by attempting to recreate the standard Dragon key combination under emulation)? This will be most helpful when downloading the disks' content do ".txt" files if I am going to translate this game into English.

One more question (for now): Is the "SAVE" function working properly under emulated DragonDOS? I seem to remember facing some issues with this in the past...

Kind regards,
Lionel
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

snarkhunter wrote:
Iksarfighter wrote:Also the game "Graal Quest" on which we spent so much nights totally addicted... But I've read that u have it already.
A project of mine was to try and translate this game into English, since most members here cannot read French.
We can read French, understanding it on the other hand may be another matter!
snarkhunter wrote:By the way, could anyone here please remind me of the way to pause a DIR list on the screen by software means (i.e. not by attempting to recreate the standard Dragon key combination under emulation)? This will be most helpful when downloading the disks' content do ".txt" files if I am going to translate this game into English.

One more question (for now): Is the "SAVE" function working properly under emulated DragonDOS? I seem to remember facing some issues with this in the past...
Trying a different DOS may solve both problems. For example, in DOSplus the command DIR / will pause the display (press any key to continue to the next screen) and it will even send the output to the printer [1] if you type DIR #-2 (three file names per line) or DIR / #-2 (file names listed in a single column).

[1] Starting XRoar with the switch -lp-file an_appropriate_file_name will send any printer output to the named file.
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

Hello Alastair,

Thank you for your reply and comments. As a matter of fact, I've noticed the DIR display pauses after each screenful of data. Not sure which DragonDOS release I may be using, though. But I'm using XRoar 0.33.

Anyway, through the "LLIST to .txt file" functionality, I could dump all ".BAS" files from the two disks for "Graal Quest", which already gives nearly 15 files containing text in French (plenty). Ready for translation. Now, this will only take finding some spare time (a real lot thereof, actually). And mere translation is not the only task involved here, since there will most probably be some layout issues as well.

And there's a couple more disks for the "Creator Quest" game (sequel to the former).

I think I may need careful planning of such work...
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

snarkhunter wrote: By the way, could anyone here please remind me of the way to pause a DIR list on the screen by software means (i.e. not by attempting to recreate the standard Dragon key combination under emulation)? This will be most helpful when downloading the disks' content do ".txt" files if I am going to translate this game into English.
You can do this easily under emulation or real Dragon 32/64 hardware by using my paged directory display.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4786

The following currently available DOS versions also have a paged directory display:
DragonDOS 1.1c
DragonDOS 1.3a
DragonDOS 4.1
SuperDOS

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5289#p13272